Thread: what gives w/social lounge? only good for car talk and movie talk?

Banned

what gives w/social lounge? only good for car talk and movie talk?

many threads being locked in Social Lounge ....

very confusing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture social lounge.PNG 
Views:	82 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	12149  

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

The Social Lounge

It is simple really - OCDO is not an anything goes zone. Even newbies understand that - others may take a little longer.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-20-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    It's more like a, there aren't any hard rules defining what goes and what doesn't, you just have to try and predict what Grapeshot will like or not like - zone.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    It's more like a, there aren't any hard rules defining what goes and what doesn't, you just have to try and predict what Grapeshot will like or not like - zone.
    Don't really think that I am that hard to understand.....and I am surely not autonomous

If you can figure me out, let me know......I could always use the help
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    many threads being locked in Social Lounge ....

very confusing
    When all else fails, read the instructions: "Really want to talk about your new car or the movie you saw last night? This is where such topics should go. All other forum rules still apply here including the prohibition on discussing long gun carry, bashing other gun groups or LEOs and personal attacks."
    Last edited by since9; 10-20-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    When all else fails, read the instructions: "Really want to talk about your new car or the movie you saw last night? This is where such topics should go. All other forum rules still apply here including the prohibition on discussing long gun carry, bashing other gun groups or LEOs and personal attacks."
    Point is, it isn't that simple. You really do almost have to ask sometimes, "would grapeshot approve of this?" to know whether it'll get locked or not.

I guess that isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. Just saying that's the way it seems sometimes.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don't really think that I am that hard to understand.....and I am surely not autonomous

If you can figure me out, let me know......I could always use the help

why would talk about a russian lost sub not be allowed on the social lounge ...

ex: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...he-Rocks-again

where locking U said "not related to OC..." (pic attached of posting) ... I'm scratching my head here Grape ... not bashing LEO/not bashing gun group/~~just a good story IMO....suitable for the social lounge (pic attch of purpose of SL) IMO, from the plain reading of the social lounge purpose...

social lounge does not need any relation to OCing...am I right?

Your locking of various social lounge threads is hard to understand. As you can see from other postings in this thread. Sometimes to the person speaking its clear as a bell..but to the listeners its like "what?"..quite common.

(for the record..I did not initiate the russian sub story -- I saw it but people don't like my viewpoint on russians, so I would not start a thread on this story)

Name:	Capture sub.PNG 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	12152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture social lounge.PNG 
Views:	57 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	12153  
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 10-20-2014 at 09:43 PM.

This is hilarious because it's true! You know it is, Grape! I was also confused when the Russian sub thread was locked. I understand the extremist shock value style threads getting locked. Too sensational and generalizing. I even understand the mcbeth leash. Hehe just kidding mcbeth.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    This is hilarious because it's true! You know it is, Grape! I was also confused when the Russian sub thread was locked. I understand the extremist shock value style threads getting locked. Too sensational and generalizing. I even understand the mcbeth leash. Hehe just kidding mcbeth.
    Maybe he'll remove the infraaaaction when I posted a thread talking about the prior sub sinking (years ago)documentary ... oh well, I guess its us sinking into the abyss, figuratively.

Life goes on, the world will keep on spinning ... 100yrs from now it won't matter ...

Uh-Oh ....

Name:	Capture spagettos.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	12154  

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Maybe he'll remove the infraaaaction when I posted a thread talking about the prior sub sinking (years ago)documentary ... oh well, I guess its us sinking into the abyss, figuratively.

Life goes on, the world will keep on spinning ... 100yrs from now it won't matter ...

Uh-Oh ....
    I normally would not discuss infraction points with a user/member publicly, but you opened that door and continue to do those things that earned those responses w/o apparent reguard to the consequences. Your choice.

Renaming/rebranding and denial of connection changes little.