• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what gives w/social lounge? only good for car talk and movie talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Social Lounge

It is simple really - OCDO is not an anything goes zone. Even newbies understand that - others may take a little longer.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

It's more like a, there aren't any hard rules defining what goes and what doesn't, you just have to try and predict what Grapeshot will like or not like - zone. :p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's more like a, there aren't any hard rules defining what goes and what doesn't, you just have to try and predict what Grapeshot will like or not like - zone. :p
Don't really think that I am that hard to understand.....and I am surely not autonomous :)

If you can figure me out, let me know......I could always use the help :lol:

since9

Campaign Veteran
many threads being locked in Social Lounge ....

very confusing

When all else fails, read the instructions: "Really want to talk about your new car or the movie you saw last night? This is where such topics should go. All other forum rules still apply here including the prohibition on discussing long gun carry, bashing other gun groups or LEOs and personal attacks."

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

When all else fails, read the instructions: "Really want to talk about your new car or the movie you saw last night? This is where such topics should go. All other forum rules still apply here including the prohibition on discussing long gun carry, bashing other gun groups or LEOs and personal attacks."

Point is, it isn't that simple. You really do almost have to ask sometimes, "would grapeshot approve of this?" to know whether it'll get locked or not.

I guess that isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. Just saying that's the way it seems sometimes.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Don't really think that I am that hard to understand.....and I am surely not autonomous :)

If you can figure me out, let me know......I could always use the help :lol:

why would talk about a russian lost sub not be allowed on the social lounge ...

ex: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ery-submarine-1987-Whiskey-on-the-Rocks-again

where locking U said "not related to OC..." (pic attached of posting) ... I'm scratching my head here Grape ... not bashing LEO/not bashing gun group/~~just a good story IMO....suitable for the social lounge (pic attch of purpose of SL) IMO, from the plain reading of the social lounge purpose...

social lounge does not need any relation to OCing...am I right?

Your locking of various social lounge threads is hard to understand. As you can see from other postings in this thread. Sometimes to the person speaking its clear as a bell..but to the listeners its like "what?"..quite common.

(for the record..I did not initiate the russian sub story -- I saw it but people don't like my viewpoint on russians, so I would not start a thread on this story)

Attachments

• Capture sub.PNG
    Capture sub.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 70
  • Capture social lounge.PNG
    Capture social lounge.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

The Truth

This is hilarious because it's true! You know it is, Grape! I was also confused when the Russian sub thread was locked. I understand the extremist shock value style threads getting locked. Too sensational and generalizing. I even understand the mcbeth leash. Hehe just kidding mcbeth.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This is hilarious because it's true! You know it is, Grape! I was also confused when the Russian sub thread was locked. I understand the extremist shock value style threads getting locked. Too sensational and generalizing. I even understand the mcbeth leash. Hehe just kidding mcbeth.

Maybe he'll remove the infraaaaction when I posted a thread talking about the prior sub sinking (years ago)documentary ... oh well, I guess its us sinking into the abyss, figuratively.

Life goes on, the world will keep on spinning ... 100yrs from now it won't matter ...

Uh-Oh ....

Attachments

• Capture spagettos.jpg
    Capture spagettos.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 58

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe he'll remove the infraaaaction when I posted a thread talking about the prior sub sinking (years ago)documentary ... oh well, I guess its us sinking into the abyss, figuratively.

Life goes on, the world will keep on spinning ... 100yrs from now it won't matter ...

Uh-Oh ....

I normally would not discuss infraction points with a user/member publicly, but you opened that door and continue to do those things that earned those responses w/o apparent reguard to the consequences. Your choice.

Renaming/rebranding and denial of connection changes little.

Status
Not open for further replies.