Thread: THIS JUST IN: Majority of sheriffs oppose I594

THIS JUST IN: Majority of sheriffs oppose I594

Breaking: Majority of Washington sheriffs now oppose I-594, says NRA

The campaign to defeat Initiative 594 just took on some important new muscle as a majority of Washington’s 39 county sheriffs have announced their opposition to the measure, according to a press release this morning from the National Rifle Association, one day after the Seattle P-I.com revealed another hefty contribution from billionaire Michael Bloomberg to the gun control effort.

http://www.examiner.com/article/breaking-majority-of-washington-sheriffs-now-oppose-i-594-says-nra
    Last edited by Dave Workman; 10-21-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Makes sense. If you were to remove King county from WA, WA would be a republican state so I am not really surprised to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriona View Post
    Makes sense. If you were to remove King county from WA, WA would be a republican state so I am not really surprised to hear that.
    I understand that it is just ten zip codes in that area.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I understand that it is just ten zip codes in that area.
    You would be surprised how true my statement really is.

The same for most states the rural areas are very conservative for the post part.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    The same for most states the rural areas are very conservative for the post part.
    The same could be said about Snohomish county but sometimes it flip flops on issues. Our two largest cities, Everett and Marysville is as blue as it gets but the city I live, Snohomish, which is next to Everett votes red. I was talking about this last night and I am thinking that 594 is going to pass but the WA supreme court is going to not allow it based on state constitutional issues. 594 is very poorly written.

Banned
    That's 15 votes for the cause ! (I assume the others won't bother to vote)

Everett police pull out of 591 ad

Did you all see this? What does it mean if cops are pulling out? Are we losing???

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...V-ad-for-I-591

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzogrrl View Post
    Did you all see this? What does it mean if cops are pulling out? Are we losing???

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...V-ad-for-I-591

This is kind of a weird deal. The issue is the advertisement POGR is running that shows all the member organizations of the Washington Council of Police and Sheriffs, to which the Everett police group belongs. They say their members haven't voted. But WACOPS members voted and that's what the ad is about, and the ad lists all the member groups.

Meanwhile, there are now 26 county sheriffs opposed to I-594:

Another newspaper turns against law enforcement on gun initiative

The Kitsap Sun today joins a lineup of Washington State newspapers whose editorial boards have sided against a growing number of county sheriffs, thousands of law enforcement professionals and legions of law-abiding citizens by supporting Initiative 594, which another newspaper, the Longview Daily News, is recommending be rejected.

http://www.examiner.com/article/anot...gun-initiative