• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

THIS JUST IN: Majority of sheriffs oppose I594

Dave Workman

Breaking: Majority of Washington sheriffs now oppose I-594, says NRA

The campaign to defeat Initiative 594 just took on some important new muscle as a majority of Washington’s 39 county sheriffs have announced their opposition to the measure, according to a press release this morning from the National Rifle Association, one day after the Seattle P-I.com revealed another hefty contribution from billionaire Michael Bloomberg to the gun control effort.

http://www.examiner.com/article/breaking-majority-of-washington-sheriffs-now-oppose-i-594-says-nra

Last edited:

Seriona

Makes sense. If you were to remove King county from WA, WA would be a republican state so I am not really surprised to hear that.

Seriona

The same for most states the rural areas are very conservative for the post part.

The same could be said about Snohomish county but sometimes it flip flops on issues. Our two largest cities, Everett and Marysville is as blue as it gets but the city I live, Snohomish, which is next to Everett votes red. I was talking about this last night and I am thinking that 594 is going to pass but the WA supreme court is going to not allow it based on state constitutional issues. 594 is very poorly written.

Dave Workman

Did you all see this? What does it mean if cops are pulling out? Are we losing???

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20...rett-police-group-asks-out-of-TV-ad-for-I-591

This is kind of a weird deal. The issue is the advertisement POGR is running that shows all the member organizations of the Washington Council of Police and Sheriffs, to which the Everett police group belongs. They say their members haven't voted. But WACOPS members voted and that's what the ad is about, and the ad lists all the member groups.

Meanwhile, there are now 26 county sheriffs opposed to I-594:

Another newspaper turns against law enforcement on gun initiative

The Kitsap Sun today joins a lineup of Washington State newspapers whose editorial boards have sided against a growing number of county sheriffs, thousands of law enforcement professionals and legions of law-abiding citizens by supporting Initiative 594, which another newspaper, the Longview Daily News, is recommending be rejected.

http://www.examiner.com/article/another-newspaper-turns-against-law-enforcement-on-gun-initiative