• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL = Anti Gun

wizzi01

I assume that he is a freeman, not behind bars; hence should be able to carry.

What qualification(s) does wizzi (good name !) prescribe?

Well there is a 01 behind wizzi and if this plan b is who i think he is he is not qualified for a cpl. Also, don't you have a government to overthrow or something since that is all you talk about?

WalkingWolf

Well there is a 01 behind wizzi and if this plan b is who i think he is he is not qualified for a cpl. Also, don't you have a government to overthrow or something since that is all you talk about?

We should avoid accusations without some type of prove. They may be considered a PI, and they certainly do not cast the thrower in good light.

The Truth

I don't know who Plan B is, nor do I care, but I can say with some certainty that he or she has bipolar or split personality disorder based on entirely conflicting posts made in the last month or so.

wizzi01

We should avoid accusations without some type of prove. They may be considered a PI, and they certainly do not cast the thrower in good light.

Like I care if plan b or government overthrow mcbeth consider it a personal insult.

rightwinglibertarian

Gun people have been duped into both accepting and promoting laws that not only infringe upon our rights, but enable other laws to be more and more easily passed, eroding our rights one by one.

The second amendment is clear. Every person, as an American citizen, has the unfettered right to both keep and bear arms anywhere within our borders for their defense and ours, and that, without permission

I'm pretty infamous here for being rather extreme, so please don't take what I say as being in any way anti-gun. I agree with you 100%

However picture this scenario. Buy a gun and OC in the middle of Los Angeles. You of course get confronted by the cops who are convinced you're breaking the law. They try to arrest you and you use your gun to defend yourself against the attempted assault and kidnap of yourself. What then? Do you ring the Sheriff? Tell him you shot one of his officers in self defense? Even if you werent killed when they sent SWAT after you, what are the chances you'll find a judge there or in many other cities like Boston, New York and even Detroit who will ignore the unconstitutional 'law' you supposedly broke and acquit you of murder?

Even if all of OCDO were hard-line OCers who never obeyed these non-laws, it would represent a fraction of the population of even a larger state, never mind the country. The problem is these non laws are supported by police and judges and chances are a jury. Where does that leave 2A rights? THAT is the problem we face, compounded by the fact many even here are not willing to accept what the Constitution really says and the state of law enforcement. I've been 'spanked' a couple times myself and quite frankly I see no point in trying to convince people that don't want to know. It is what it is and there isnt a fat lot I can do about it

Plan B

Banned
I'm pretty infamous here for being rather extreme, so please don't take what I say as being in any way anti-gun. I agree with you 100%

However picture this scenario. Buy a gun and OC in the middle of Los Angeles. You of course get confronted by the cops who are convinced you're breaking the law. They try to arrest you and you use your gun to defend yourself against the attempted assault and kidnap of yourself. What then? Do you ring the Sheriff? Tell him you shot one of his officers in self defense? Even if you werent killed when they sent SWAT after you, what are the chances you'll find a judge there or in many other cities like Boston, New York and even Detroit who will ignore the unconstitutional 'law' you supposedly broke and acquit you of murder?

Even if all of OCDO were hard-line OCers who never obeyed these non-laws, it would represent a fraction of the population of even a larger state, never mind the country. The problem is these non laws are supported by police and judges and chances are a jury. Where does that leave 2A rights? THAT is the problem we face, compounded by the fact many even here are not willing to accept what the Constitution really says and the state of law enforcement. I've been 'spanked' a couple times myself and quite frankly I see no point in trying to convince people that don't want to know. It is what it is and there isnt a fat lot I can do about it

I also agree with you 100%. Great post.

In a perfect world, all people would be armed, and if a police officer were foolish enough to arrest someone on any gun possession charge for example, whoever was nearby would take the offending officers into custody under citizens arrest. Those officers would be charged with treason for violating the oath and would be given the choice of a firing squad or hangmans noose to be used the following morning, televised.

Or, people could just stop following the laws altogether. They can't lock up every single gun owner in the country.

Submission is voluntary. Gun owners make it so easy for them to take their rights away that it's pathetic. A politician decides he doesnt like something you own or where you can carry it, a mag perhaps, and the gun owners just do it, they give up without a fight. Sheep.

[strike]Highlighted[/strike] Bolded area is pretty much it, in- a- nutshell.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Truth

Or, people could just stop following the laws altogether. They can't lock up every single gun owner in the country.

Wanna bet? Think of the profit possibilities of all those new prisons built especially for the influx of gun owners who are living in the past, following an outdated, irrelevant Constitution. /s

[quoteSubmission is voluntary. Gun owners make it so easy for them to take their rights away that it's pathetic. A politician decides he doesnt like something you own or where you can carry it, a mag perhaps, and the gun owners just do it, they give up without a fight. Sheep.[/quote]

I actually agree 100%.

Plan B

Banned
Ok, got me, I dont know the exact number of gun owners in the country, but Im pretty sure we outnumber the number of cells in the country. Heck, if they really wanted to put all of us in a cage, they would have to let out all the potheads, and we just couldnt have that at all.

Seriously dude.

Plan B

Banned
Wanna bet? Think of the profit possibilities of all those new prisons built especially for the influx of gun owners who are living in the past, following an outdated, irrelevant Constitution. /s

Hahaha yep.

rightwinglibertarian

I also agree with you 100%. Great post.

Thank you.

In theory you're right but I can't see how thats going to happen without a bloodbath. Can you image the battle if you get OCers started fighting police and feds with all the military gear they have? Be quite short and huge loss of life. NOT what we need at all.

WalkingWolf

Thank you.

In theory you're right but I can't see how thats going to happen without a bloodbath. Can you image the battle if you get OCers started fighting police and feds with all the military gear they have? Be quite short and huge loss of life. NOT what we need at all.

Remember a place called Kent State and the public reaction to it?

WalkingWolf

I do not. WAY before my time. If you have a decent link other than Wikipedia i'd be interested in reading it.

Without posting pages upon pages Wiki covers the event fairly well. Students strike across the country MILLIONS OF THEM. It was in the news for a long time and the public reaction to it was not good, across all levels. IIRC there were hearings involved, same as there was in response to Ruby Ridge, and Waco.

These incidents over the years were isolated to smaller segment of society, picture thousands of people killed and you have a 9-11 reaction that would last for decades. The government got away with these killings because the number of people were small. But increase that to the proportions of terrorist acts and the public will demand change.

IMO this is the reason that DOJ backed down at the ranch. It was not that they minded killing thousands, they could not risk the public reaction to it.

rightwinglibertarian

Without posting pages upon pages Wiki covers the event fairly well. Students strike across the country MILLIONS OF THEM. It was in the news for a long time and the public reaction to it was not good, across all levels. IIRC there were hearings involved, same as there was in response to Ruby Ridge, and Waco.

These incidents over the years were isolated to smaller segment of society, picture thousands of people killed and you have a 9-11 reaction that would last for decades. The government got away with these killings because the number of people were small. But increase that to the proportions of terrorist acts and the public will demand change.

IMO this is the reason that DOJ backed down at the ranch. It was not that they minded killing thousands, they could not risk the public reaction to it.

Are you saying mass civil disobedience would work? Thousands defy the gun 'laws' and the authorities do nothing as they would (rightly) fear the people?