• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL = Anti Gun

Plan B

Banned
Gun people have been duped into both accepting and promoting laws that not only infringe upon our rights, but enable other laws to be more and more easily passed, eroding our rights one by one.

The second amendment is clear. Every person, as an American citizen, has the unfettered right to both keep and bear arms anywhere within our borders for their defense and ours, and that, without permission

Concealed pistol licenses should be granted only to guests of our country who meet certain standards and qualifications, and who hold a valid passport and visa.

The right to keep and bear arms is a human right, therefore no harm should come to even an illegal in possession, but the illegal should be deported for being here without permission or citizenship. Both of which should be reasonably accessible to anyone.

You cant vote a right out of existence, you can however, do that to a law. "They" know this, so they tricked everyone, especially gun owners, into legislating every part of your life touching guns. For some leftist contrived and intentional reasons, gun owners actively support and even finance these restrictions. You see, a concealed pistol license cannot grant rights you already have, it can only restrict them. Think about it. "Shall not be infringed" means what it says. Until you have to pay to apply to use. Once that happens, they can tell you how much it costs, who qualifies, and who does not, where you can exercise your new privileges, and those places, people, costs and qualifications now become an arbitrary tool of the state; they can move the goalpost at will. The key to the whole anti gun system I just described to you, is in the support of the gun owners themselves. They have the entire population suckered into thinking that this is the way to go, and it is ludicrous.

The irony is that the only people who truly have the right to keep and bear arms are criminals. Consider it though... The criminal does not register, he does not give his name address, fingerprints, and photo. He is not unarmed in gun free zones, he can carry in his own car without permission, there is no paper trail and so on. Exactly what the forefathers had in mind, to be able to keep and bear arms wherever, and whenever, without being "papered" and taxed to death.

Last edited:

Plan B

Banned
I cannot honestly use the word "criminal" in reference to someone who breaks a law that is contrary to the constitution.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You cannot make laws regulating a right..it converts it to a privilege.

Any free person can carry what ever, where ever, when ever in public.

I do..I have no permission slip. Been doing it for years and years.

Last edited:

Primus

You cannot make laws regulating a right..it converts it to a privilege.

Any free person can carry what ever, where ever, when ever in public.

I do..I have no permission slip. Been doing it for years and years.
Bullsssjhhhhhhhhhh......

FreeInAZ

I have been mulling around the thought that this forum is becoming "a lost cause" ... Hopefully I'm wrong but.., it appears to be heading that way, over run by trolls and "in the closet" anti's, and mad mommies gleaning "ammo" for their cause. Say it ain't so, say it ain't so amigo's
:(

The Truth

I think you're premature in your assessment. The "elders" of the forum are all pretty awesome. On these kinds of forums posters come and go, even ones with a high post count. If you want to survive, just never quit.

Plan B

Banned
I have been mulling around the thought that this forum is becoming "a lost cause" ... Hopefully I'm wrong but.., it appears to be heading that way, over run by trolls and "in the closet" anti's, and mad mommies gleaning "ammo" for their cause. Say it ain't so, say it ain't so amigo's
:(

Jeff, you left this state in part, to regain the freedoms denied you here. If you really think that my pointing out that the CPL system is part of the problem, as are the gun owners who support it and other unconstitutional limitations as being wrong , then I am just really disappointed in you.

Last edited:

Plan B

Banned
I think you're premature in your assessment. The "elders" of the forum are all pretty awesome. On these kinds of forums posters come and go, even ones with a high post count. If you want to survive, just never quit.

Hahaha that's the truth.

Plan B

Banned
Bullsssjhhhhhhhhhh......

I dont know if he constitutionally carries, but his other two quoted points are spot on. You took an oath to protect those rights from your buddies if necessary.

I'm still waiting for one of you police officers to do your duty and physically arrest a senator for violating his or her oath of office.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Plan B (Neil/Pat) whoever you are... I said nothing about permission slips being a good thing. They simply charge one for a right that should be free to those that are law abiding. That said they are a accepted "evil" at this time. MI has a very fractured 2A pro rights population in my honest opinion . So with that said - maybe trying to unite under one banner and working towards common goals is a better idea than coming here and trying to whip up trouble? Just saying... Continue.

WalkingWolf

Bullsssjhhhhhhhhhh......

My mother carried her entire adult life a Colt 25 auto in her purse, no permission slip. Many people who are not felons or intent on committing a crime carry concealed without a permit. Especially states with may issue, or no carry allowed at all. I have encountered them, and I left them alone.

So I call BS on your BS.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
My mother carried her entire adult life a Colt 25 auto in her purse, no permission slip. Many people who are not felons or intent on committing a crime carry concealed without a permit. Especially states with may issue, or no carry allowed at all. I have encountered them, and I left them alone.

So I call BS on your BS.

Anybody can exercise a right when nobody can see they are doing so. (Nothing against your mother - I'm all for what she did.)

In some places "government permission slips" are needed because some folks do not want to use the not-illegal mode of carry that is not regulated by any laws, preferring instead to go with the illegal method that has a "get out of jail card/I'm speshull - I bought an exemption card" for sale.

In other places the courts have, I agree, perverted things to where they allow the selling of a right as long as everybody (with a few "reasonable" exceptions) can buy that right.

What I am seeing is a lot of younger folks (I'm so old I voted against dirt - rocks were good enough) who are just discovering this area and wanting to exercise their wings right here-right now. Amazingly, I was that way myself way back in the Neolithic Age when I first started down this road. Folks seem to forget that even though it is a right there is only a minority of folks who care one way or another about that right, let alone care about being able to exercise it or block some folks/everybody from exercising it. Those who want to exercise the right have been "compromised" almost to death because we were not, and pretty much still are not able to get a large number of folks to give a tinker's damn about it one way or another. Civil rights for Blacks did not come about because only the Blacks wanted them - they got all sorts of non-Black folks on their side. Civil rights for Native Americans, OTOH, have not yet come about to the same extent because, I think, of 2 reasons: 1) there are a lot less of them than there were Blacks; and 2) a lot of them still are not in the mainstream where the rest of the population has to see and deal with them.

As I said, gun rights folks have been compromised near unto death. The fight is more to get back what was taken away in pretty much the same increments as we lost those things. Absent a game-changing sudden and complete reversal of groupthink and court precedent there is no way we will see "shall not be infringed" mean exactly what it says. So what do we do in the meantime?

Every week/month/year there are a few (relatively) newbies to the cause who see the light and realize the anti-gun rights issue can only be killed by the death of a thousand cuts because we are never going to be able to get close enough to lop off its head if we knew who that head actually was. Take a look at the elephant, decise which part you want to swallow, and get busy cutting out and chewing up that one piece. Get some others to help you because carving up and chewing an elephant is hard work. When that one piece is gone, move on to the next piece. Some folks want to cut out roasts if not high primal cuts but have not stopped to figure out how that big chunck is going to get eaten until it is "all gone!" Yet they excoriate those of us who go at it one forkful at a time for taking "baby steps". While a roaring river can carve out a Grand Canyon, a steady drip is what was needed to start making that roaring river. Do you want to be part of that hugh mob in on the end, or part of the slow but steady chipping away to allow things to grow into the folks who come on board at the end so thay can claim they were there?

We need the young, eager folks. But we need them to be able to stay the course as opposed to burning themselves out in frustration when there is no big victory that can be won right here/right now.

stay safe.

Maverick9

Carrying a firearm can be complicated. Knowledge of laws, learning curves on where you can and can't carry, learning how to fight with a gun, learning how to operate a firearm, figuring out how to store it. Some people suddenly discover they don't know anything but they now have a real 'reason' to carry and they have to get up to speed on all fronts quickly, over come fears of many kinds.

One thing is pretty clear and that is people who really -need- to have a firearm (the less strong, the smaller people, the weaker, females, elderly, disabled, those with a stalker, etc.) can't afford to take a risk that they will run afoul of the law, of having their 'right to carry' taken away, so they do what they must do to be just left alone, and allowed to not be in fear.

If that path seems to be to get a concealed permit, background check, be able to purchase a firearm through legal channels, some feel it's worth the trouble to essentially fly under the legal radar, not make waves, take the safe way out.

There are big, strong, brave people out there who do what they like, politics, lawmakers be damned. Yay.

One might look back after getting over the threshold of training, understanding, ability and know how to be inconspicuous. In some states it's possible to never get a permit, never have to go through a background check, possess firearms and never get stopped, never have to use it and perhaps they'd say 'what's all the fuss about'. Yay 2.0.

Not everyone can be an activist, a pioneer, or just plain lucky. The best we can do is be a good example, learn to be polite and not ruled by anger, and to give support to the best of one's ability.
FWIW