• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL = Anti Gun

Plan B

Banned
I pulled over to tell someone to get out of the road, they said I ran them off the road. He said/she said. Reckless driving, didnt have a thing to do with guns. Both I and the other party should have gotten a disorderly, but they go after the money these days.

Yes I can get it back, and I'm licensed in other states.

Last edited:

SpringerXDacp

Eric Frein, well, no I agree. But Snowden, we need more of those.

Hindsight I guess is 20/20. Once you lose your CPL the whole thing just opens up for you and you can see what it really does to a persons rights. Some people just pay the bully on the playground to let them eat their own lunch quietly.

As I stated previously, I don't think that is unusual. Until Michigan becomes ConCarry, don't do anything you feel may jeopardize your CPL status. Winning a battle for ConCarry is likely not going to happen while on school grounds, in a bar, or on the side of the road. Contrary to popular belief, I think our firearm laws have improved since shall issue. i.e. Suppressors, SBRs & SBSs, HB5225, to name a few. While this may not be considered improving/restoring our rights, it's still an improvement nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Truth

I pulled over to tell someone to get out of the road, they said I ran them off the road. He said/she said. Reckless driving, didnt have a thing to do with guns. Both I and the other party should have gotten a disorderly, but they go after the money these days.

Yes I can get it back, and I'm licensed in other states.

Can you cite the law you were found guilty of breaking and where it says they can take your CPL?

SpringerXDacp

The Truth

Wow...reckless driving = 8 years of not being allowed to have a Concealed Pistol License? That is absolutely insane.

And you have to have not been charged in the 8 years prior to even apply? WTF?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Reckless Driving is an 8-year disqualifer: Subsection (7)(h)(iv)

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(s1...eg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=mcl-28-425b

Reckless Driving (misdemeanor, immediate suspension), Subsection (3):

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(s1...leg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-28-428

Wow...reckless driving = 8 years of not being allowed to have a Concealed Pistol License? That is absolutely insane.

And you have to have not been charged in the 8 years prior to even applying? WTF?

First link refers to making application for a permit. Must not have been disqualified as permit is alledged to have been issued. What details are we missing here?

Second link states:
"If the board determines that the individual has been found responsible for 3 or more state civil infraction violations of this act during the license period, the board shall conduct a hearing and may suspend the individual's license for not more than 1 year."

See nothing that indicates that an existing permit can be suspended/revolked for 8 years.

SpringerXDacp

First link refers to making application for a permit. Must not have been disqualified as permit is alledged to have been issued. What details are we missing here?

Second link states:
"If the board determines that the individual has been found responsible for 3 or more state civil infraction violations of this act during the license period, the board shall conduct a hearing and may suspend the individual's license for not more than 1 year."

See Subsection (3), not Subsection (1)

See nothing that indicates that an existing permit can be suspended/revolked for 8 years.

A county gun board will not issue a CPL for any conviction which falls under the 8-year diqualifiers within the 8-years prior to application for the CPL. This means, the county board will not reinstate a CPL for at least 8-years after the conviction.

Ezerharden

XD40sc

Reckless Driving is an 8-year disqualifer: Subsection (7)(h)(iv)

Wow! that's a bit over the top. Seems cops always have the option of throwing that charge on top of what ever else they might have stopped you for.

The only traffic violation I know in NC that disqualifies someone for a CHP is a DUI, and only for 3 years.

SpringerXDacp

Wow! that's a bit over the top. Seems cops always have the option of throwing that charge on top of what ever else they might have stopped you for.

The only traffic violation I know in NC that disqualifies someone for a CHP is a DUI, and only for 3 years.

Same here in Michigan but only for the first offense. A second offense becomes an 8-year disqualifier. The third offense, is a felony. i.e. No firearms or CPL.

FreeInAZ

There is a reason MI gets a "B" from the Brady Campaign. Pistol registration, high permit fees, red tape, purchase permits for private sale pistols that must be obtained from local PD, + too many dis qualifiers to list here, all help MI earn that grade. Good people .... Crappy legislature IMHO. :(

Last edited:

Raggs

There is a reason MI gets a "B" from the Brady Campaign. Pistol registration, high permit fees, red tape, purchase permits for private sale pistols that must be obtained from local PD, + too many dis qualifiers to list here, all help MI earn that grade. Good people .... Crappy legislature IMHO. :(

In 2013 Michigan got a C, Texas got a F. Perhaps they do not know about open carry in Michigan. Open carry in schools and other things.

FreeInAZ

In 2013 Michigan got a C, Texas got a F. Perhaps they do not know about open carry in Michigan. Open carry in schools and other things.

This is good news! Hopefully you guys can get a F from them soon. You've fell a whole letter grade from them over the last couple of years, keep up the good work! :cool:

snatale42

You cannot have both the law, and the constitution, they are incompatible.

How does that even remotely make sense? There are plenty (most) laws that don't conflict with the Constitution.

Plan B

Banned
I have no issue with any law that does not contradict the Constitution, specifically the second amendment.