Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just moved here from new york

Just moved here from new york

Hello everyone,
    I just moved here from New York and want to open carry handgun but i am uncertain to the steps i need to take. do i need to get a permit or anyhting special to open carry a handgun?

Step 1: Install holster on belt.

Step 2: Place weapon into holster.

Step 3: Enjoy your new found freedom!

Congratulations, sir! Welcome to the forum.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Step 1: Install holster on belt.

Step 2: Place weapon into holster.

Step 3: Enjoy your new found freedom!

Congratulations, sir! Welcome to the forum.
    I think your missing the buy gun and buy holster steps.... Also he may not even wear a belt. What then?
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    I think your missing the buy gun and buy holster steps.... Also he may not even wear a belt. What then?
    I figger'd I'd give 'im the abridged version to avoid any confusion

Step -2: Buy a gun.

Step -1: Buy a belt.

Step 0: Buy a holster.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Welcome to one of the most gun-friendly states in the USA. We have the best bbq here.
    Last edited by give_me_a_glock; 10-21-2014 at 08:02 PM.

If you need to purchase a handgun, you will need to go to the local sheriff's office and apply for the pistol purchase permits.
    The North Carolina forum has a sticky thread posted with a flyer that is informative can be printed.
    Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along shortly to answer your questions.
    Welcome to NC.

Quote Originally Posted by give_me_a_glock View Post
    Welcome to one of the most gun-friendly states on the USA. We have the best bbq here.
    +1

And very nice "scenery!" Much nicer than NY...IMO

μολὼν λαβέ

Buy duct tape~~Tape holster to forehead~~no belt needed.

OP welcome to OCDO and NC!
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-21-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Think we might want add be of legal age and not a restricted person.

Excellent resource:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Carolina-Flyer
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Oh, heck! Everybody else seems to have forgotten the important things -

1 - Welcome to Free America

2 - you can have 30caliberbulletclip magazines that hold more than seven rounds

3 - OC is pretty much "Just Do it" but without the swoosh. Do check the links given for the places where your gun is not welcome.

4 - Stay out of the BBQ comparison discussions. If you go there you will be sucked into sugar in cornbread/no sugar in cornbread via the sweet tea/unsweet tea battles (which are further divided into enough sugar to rot your teeth/just enough sugar to be pleasant)

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Oh, heck! Everybody else seems to have forgotten the important things -

1 - Welcome to Free America

2 - you can have 30caliberbulletclip magazines that hold more than seven rounds

3 - OC is pretty much "Just Do it" but without the swoosh. Do check the links given for the places where your gun is not welcome.

4 - Stay out of the BBQ comparison discussions. If you go there you will be sucked into sugar in cornbread/no sugar in cornbread via the sweet tea/unsweet tea battles (which are further divided into enough sugar to rot your teeth/just enough sugar to be pleasant)

stay safe.
    Tea with a lil' sugar in it ain't sweet tea!

μολὼν λαβέ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Think we might want add be of legal age and not a restricted person.

Excellent resource:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...Carolina-Flyer
    Unless he escaped from a NY prison, he's OK.

He does not say he did .. I would assume he is not.

OP should not forget his official NC hat !

TY all

thanks every one and i am liking everything so far just have to find a good weapon shop and get the purchase permit

Quote Originally Posted by give_me_a_glock View Post
    We have the best bbq here.
    I have a serious issue with this statement!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasOC View Post
    I have a serious issue with this statement!
    I'm partial to Carolina style...but Texas style with chopped pickles and onions with red BBQ sauce is the jam too...

μολὼν λαβέ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemzfredom View Post
    thanks every one and i am liking everything so far just have to find a good weapon shop and get the purchase permit
    they used to have a buttefly enclosure (v. large) near durham ... fun for kids (or a lady)

Welcome to NC! Hope you are ready for all the FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labι - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Nemzfredom, welcome to the tarheel state...

since nobody else has provided reading material, allow me:

NC Attorney General's firearm overview of good reading to provide an oversight of current climate in the state. section III D O/A page 22 covers transportation of weapons in vehicles.

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx

if you are really bored, here is the link to the NC statutes ~ excellent search in upper right side:

http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/statutes/statutes.asp

notice in both areas there is no discussion about OC'g do or don't provisions. however, the little handout at the top of our sub-forum some excellent information.

if you have lurked out here long enough, you know to not listen to nor take advice from anybody, especially LE et al., but your attorney...

one other quirk about NC ~ as mentioned IAW NC statute 14-402-406 (http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...rticle_52A.pdf) you must get a PPP from the county sheriff's office $5/per and you can get 5 at a time which are good for 5 years. theoretically, the FFL is exempt from running through the FBI's NICS background check. (however, some FFLs still run the NICS ck if the PPP is older than a year to assure you haven't done something bad and lost your opportunity to purchase a firearm. some citizens do not wish to keep a wad of PPPs in their pockets so they get their concealed handgun permit, AKA CHP which also exempts the FFL from running a NICS bkgnd check on you. again, some FFLs do insist on running the ck if the buyer's CHP is older than a year.

browse this sub-forum to your heart's content as i think you will discern the majority of the firearm queries pertaining to NC have been sliced, diced, chewed, regurgitation, and argued to dust about till i believe we have broken scientific laws as we have succeeded in changing the form of matter till it disappears.

again sugg, welcome to the model OC'g state...

(while not stepping directly into the fracas but throwing the grenade w/o pulling the pin ~ NC's BBQ is sauced with vinegar and other strange commodities and the state's drink of choice, sickening sweet tea, sucks)

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-22-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

OP do you already own a handgun?
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Put it on a chain and wear it around your neck?
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

I'm relatively new to NC...transplant from NJ 2.5 yrs ago (not going back ever) and am new to gun ownership. Have to see I feel very good. Can't wait to take an intro class, get familiar and then get the CCP. Can't wait to read through all these NC stories...the banter is fantastic!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeZip View Post
    I'm relatively new to NC...transplant from NJ 2.5 yrs ago (not going back ever) and am new to gun ownership. Have to see I feel very good. Can't wait to take an intro class, get familiar and then get the CCP. Can't wait to read through all these NC stories...the banter is fantastic!
    Welcome aboard George! Presuming you are of legal age and not otherwise restricted, you may open carry w/o a permit in many places.

You will want to become familiar with the nuances of the laws and where self-defense tools are legal.
    Start with the stickies on the NC sub-forum and work your way down the list. Best wishes.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Welcome aboard George! Presuming you are of legal age and not otherwise restricted, you may open carry w/o a permit in many places.

You will want to become familiar with the nuances of the laws and where self-defense tools are legal.
    Start with the stickies on the NC sub-forum and work your way down the list. Best wishes.
    Here in NC he will have a long wait for a CHP, most counties accept applications by appointment. That can take several months, and then the CHP itself after application has been delivered and the dept receives all the information takes around 5 weeks.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

george welcome, but, uh, you do know y'al are on an open carry forum, and as such, after 2.5 years being in wake county, i am sure you know you do not need a CHPermit to open carry in the TarHeel state?

that said, if you intend to OC instead of wasting your precious money on a CHP, run down to the wake county firing range in apex and sign up for one of their basic pistol classes which should give you more than enough background to purchase your firearm after you get a PPP from the Wake county sheriff's office IAW NC statutes 14-402-402.

wake county range: http://www.wakegov.com/sheriff/servi...s/default.aspx

your kind attention is directed to post 18 of this thread for the AG's and NC statute link.

again welcome and look forward to your active participation in the forums.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-22-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeZip View Post
    Hey Look ! It's George Zip ... I am not kidding ... George Zip !

Welcome to the forum George.

Grate moniker !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast