Thread: Canadian Parliament Shooting - Workplace Violence?

Canadian Parliament Shooting - Workplace Violence?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...ing/ar-BBaBLKK

I'm not familiar with Canadian gun laws, but assume parliament in Ottowa is GFZ, as well as shopping mall.
    Fox was tippy-toeing around Islam involvement in this.
    Can't wait to see if the Canucks are going to call this 'Workplace Violence' a la Ft Hood....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I don't know about the Canadians but lots of others on the InterToobz are suggesting a Mubai-style effort

It seems the Honor Guards at the War Memorial have an empty magazine inserted, as well as a cover over their optics. Wonder what the guys at the Tomb of the Unknows have, and if it will be changed in response to this incident.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

The official declined to provide more details, including the suspect's nationality, ethnicity and age.

Yep, that says it all right there. Why people are afraid of saying the obvious is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/22/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Yep, that says it all right there. Why people are afraid of saying the obvious is beyond me.

Political correctness run amuck rather not hurt ay bodies feelings.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Banned
    Canada recently joined the "coalition" against the mythical ISIS. Canada raised their security threat level on Friday and have had two soldiers killed since.

I find it funny that killing of thousands of innocent women and children in multiple countries(Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, etc.) for the past 13 years is defined as "collateral damage/war", yet the direct targeting of military personal in Canada is called "terrorism".

Banned
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-man-sho...142335480.html

The attack came two days after a recent convert to Islam killed one Canadian soldier and injured another in a hit-and-run before being shot to death by police. The killer had been on the radar of federal investigators, who feared he had jihadist ambitions and seized his passport when he tried to travel to Turkey.

Should have let him go to Turkey I guess ...

Canadian wack-job. lalalalala!

Guy runs around an entire neighborhood .... of course they strip citizens of their RKBA .. and a gov't soldier paid the price.

Maybe they'll let people carry now .... no? tsk tsk tsk

http://www.smh.com.au/world/dead-inf...22-119q4e.html
    The remains of as many as four infants were found in a storage locker in Winnipeg

More disturbing story out of Canada. ^^

Becoming more like America every day,,,
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 10-22-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Becoming more like America every day,,,
    Yep.

They refused to go into the Iraq war in 03 because it was an outright lie and they said as much, too bad they couldn't have stayed the course 11 years later.

Banned
    blow·back

/ˈblōbak/

the unintended adverse results of a political action or situation.

This cannot be true - the Canadians have stricter gun laws than the U.S., hence no gun crime can ever happen there...

Sarcasm off now.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    This cannot be true - the Canadians have stricter gun laws than the U.S., hence no gun crime can ever happen there...

Sarcasm off now.
    Really, I don't cry about gov't employees issues ... until they recognize our rights. No one forces them to become a gov't employee.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    Canada recently joined the "coalition" against the mythical ISIS. Canada raised their security threat level on Friday and have had two soldiers killed since.

I find it funny that killing of thousands of innocent women and children in multiple countries(Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, etc.) for the past 13 years is defined as "collateral damage/war", yet the direct targeting of military personal in Canada is called "terrorism".
    Yea this don't seem to fit the definition of terrorism.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Yea this don't seem to fit the definition of terrorism.

"Just sayin"

Don't tell Faux News/CNN/MSNBC/etc/ however. "Terror" is big business and brings in the Benjamins.

Exactly how long can you kill third world human beings in multiple countries and it doesn't come back on you??????