Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: More harassment from an anti

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    836

    More harassment from an anti

    The antis keep pushing more and more rules, regulations, licensing, etc.. But they don't give a rip about gun safety, fighting crime, etc..

    They want a completely disarmed populace. (except for them, of course! ).

    When guys like this follow the law to the letter, an anti still harasses him.

    This is another reason why we can never compromise even one inch with these people. Even when they get their way, even when we follow all of their rules, they are still not happy.

    And they will never stop. EVER! Until we are defenseless!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    "This man carries a loaded gun around your children every day."

    Sue the girl for defamation ... make her cough up some cash (even if she wins the case she'll still pay 40K to her lawyer).

    Gotta be able to act pro se.

  3. #3
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    She might as well post a sign for herself~"Potential Unarmed Victim".

    Actually he should have those magnetic signs made for his vehicle with her picture saying "Unarmed Victim". See how fast she takes down her sign.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    What defamation?

    There might be a juicy civil suit if he is injured and can demonstrate proximate causation to her signs - but that's going to be a long hard row to hoe.

    I'd rather see him put up signs informing parents that she brings a multi-ton engine of death to the school every day without verifying that all the safety features are in proper operating order.

    Bullets usually only hit one person, but cars tend to mow down hordes of kids. All because somebody screwed up one of the basic safety rules.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What defamation?

    There might be a juicy civil suit if he is injured and can demonstrate proximate causation to her signs - but that's going to be a long hard row to hoe.

    I'd rather see him put up signs informing parents that she brings a multi-ton engine of death to the school every day without verifying that all the safety features are in proper operating order.

    Bullets usually only hit one person, but cars tend to mow down hordes of kids. All because somebody screwed up one of the basic safety rules.

    stay safe.
    She just put up a sign indicating that the guy is a danger to children ... how is this not defamation per se?

  6. #6
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Sounds like a great opportunity for a mass gathering of legal OC'er IN FRONT OF THE WOMAN'S home on the sidewalk, not on her grass!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 10-22-2014 at 06:57 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  7. #7
    Regular Member robdoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What defamation?

    There might be a juicy civil suit if he is injured and can demonstrate proximate causation to her signs - but that's going to be a long hard row to hoe.
    Exactly.

    The strength of a defamation case can be assessed by asking one question:
    "Is it true?"
    if the answer is yes then you have virtually no chance of winning a case. (Not to mention you still have to prove damages, and if you fail YOU have to pay their legal fees)

    The sign posts an accurate statement, and is on private property.
    Does it suck? Sure, but freedom of speech can be a bitch sometimes.
    Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
    NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Shotshell + Metallic Reloading, RSO)
    Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors

  8. #8
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Just another reason to OC. Add it to the list!

    Also, if he has the right to conceal in WI but she is revealing the fact that he is concealing, isn't she infringing on his right to conceal? I'm not so sure this is a freedom of speech issue, as she is seemingly conspiring to remove his right.

    If he sues, wins, and she continues, criminal conspiracy charge, anyone? Is there any precedence here for trying to take away someone's rights? I'm really going out on a limb here.

    939.31 - ANNOT.
    Under a unilateral conspiracy, a person who intends to accomplish the objects of the conspiracy is guilty even though the other members of the conspiracy never intended that a crime be committed. This same logic applies to the next step: that is, when the fulfillment of the conspiracy is not only highly unlikely, but is legally impossible. State v. Huff, 2009 WI App 92, 319 Wis. 2d 258, 769 N.W.2d 154, 08-2664.

    conspiracy = take away rights explicitly enumerated by law
    other members of the conspiracy = others trying to do the same
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by robdoar View Post
    Exactly.

    The strength of a defamation case can be assessed by asking one question:
    "Is it true?"
    if the answer is yes then you have virtually no chance of winning a case. (Not to mention you still have to prove damages, and if you fail YOU have to pay their legal fees)

    The sign posts an accurate statement, and is on private property.
    Does it suck? Sure, but freedom of speech can be a bitch sometimes.
    The truth of a statement is not always a perfect defense.

    Ex: We hired Bill on Tuesday and on Wednesday we had some internal theft occur and on Thursday we fired Bill.

    That's defamation. It implies Bill stole from the company. Even if everything stated above is true, its still defamation.

    I see a strong case or at least one that will cause a settlement offer.

    I would file today myself.

    Relief from a frivolous suit is a counter-suit. Rarely does a court agree..and in this case, its not a frivolous suit.

    And injury is not needed to be proven in this type of case ... its defamation per se ... the law will assume that an injury occurred. So heinous is the statement made.

    This is the way to handle these wacko antis .. make them pay so that they'll say "I never should have listened to Ms. Anti - she cost me forty thousand dollars and Ms. Anti did not help me at all. Ms. Anti ruined my life. Ms. Anti is evil."
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 10-25-2014 at 03:10 AM.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    The I'm-a-lawyer-who-doesn't-know-anything-about-law strikes again.

    Implying a thing with the intent to create an inference about that thing has a long social and judicial history. The law says you have to come out and say it. Duels were used to settle the accuracy of an implication because the courts would not touch the matter.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  11. #11
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279
    Here's a sign Mr. Halleck could put up in his yard:


  12. #12
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Here's a sign Mr. Halleck could put up in his yard:

    He may not live near the school, but he could have a magnetic one made for his vehicle. Like this.

    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-28-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    My PC screen cracked ! Thanks WW ... so ugly is she

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Why doesn't the guy just OC? Her yard signs would be kind of a joke if he wasn't a CCer.

    "Captain Obvious over here likes to put up silly signs."

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    205

    Equipment?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Here's a sign Mr. Halleck could put up in his yard:

    That's just her behind; it doubles when she gets into the car....

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Davis County, Utah
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Here's a sign Mr. Halleck could put up in his yard:

    Quote Originally Posted by johnfenter View Post
    That's just her behind; it doubles when she gets into the car....
    So if placed appropriately, it would give a whole new meaning to "Junk In The Trunk"?

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Davis County, Utah
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    So rather than address the facts, some of us would seem willing to make base and insulting remarks about the woman, beyond mere frivolity.

    We've always considered taking the high road a better choice.
    Agreed, and I do admit that I sunk to a juvenile sense of humor on that, just to see if I could generate any kind of reaction by sinking to the same tactics the woman did.

    It didn't feel good to do so, to be honest, and I do consider my experiment an utter failure.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by b0neZ View Post
    Agreed, and I do admit that I sunk to a juvenile sense of humor on that, just to see if I could generate any kind of reaction by sinking to the same tactics the woman did.

    It didn't feel good to do so, to be honest, and I do consider my experiment an utter failure.
    Don't feel bad ... one can be insulting and still be correct !

    I insult politicians all the time .. those who I know will not be swayed by logic ... I think that's why they exist.

  19. #19
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Don't feel bad ... one can be insulting and still be correct !
    -snipped--
    On OCDO being insulting is a violation. Insults are unnecessary, reflect back on the giver, and taint the forum.

    My grandfather said, When you stoop to conquer........you lose." Grandpa was a wise man.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •