• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The NYC hatchet attack

Jeff. State

Banned
Please........ PLEASE step back and look, this "attacker" ran around an INNOCENT bystander to attack a GOVERNMENT agent. This is NOT an attack on the American people, it is an attack on the GOVERNMENT............. An ENEMY TO US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hatchet attack in Jamaica, Queens on Oct. 23, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv_c0MZB6YY

Jeff. State

Banned
http://www.amny.com/news/jamaica-queens-standoff-leaves-police-officer-injured-1.9538780

Jamaica, Queens, standoff with hatchet-wielding man ends with 4 officers injured

AND ONE CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The suspect first charged at 24-year-old Officer Joseph Meeker, striking him in the arm. He then struck the 25-year-old officer, Kenneth Healey, who suffered from a serious head injury, causing him to fall to the ground, Bratton said.

The two other officers fired multiple times at the man, killing him, Bratton said. Police are still trying to identify the man.

A 29-year-old woman, who was about a half a block away in front of the Conway department store, was caught in the crossfire and struck by a single bullet in the lower back, police said. She was recovering from surgery and in stable condition last night, Bratton said.

Crossfire??????????????

Only ONE "side" had firearms!!!!

So the only CITIZEN was wounded BY police, as usual, in the big apple

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Maybe because it isn't a "hatchet" (typically used 1-handed) but an axe?

Everyone assumes the reporters are using correct names -- you know, like they do when they call everything black an "assault rifle" -- but if they can't even tell guns apart, what makes people think they know anything about common tools? In this case, the psycho-assailant-guy looks to be holding an Estwing 26-inch "Camper's Long-Handled Axe" so 2-handed use would not be inappropriate at all, it'd be preferred.

After all, you get more leverage that way when attacking groups of police officers, which is what you want when you use a Dark Ages/Medieval edged weapon (sans shield) against people with guns, yes?

;-)

Last edited:

The Truth

Looks like a hatchet in the video to me...I guess I'm not up to snuff on my medieval weaponry terminology. That does not look like an ax though, far too small. I get the best swing with my hatchet gripped with one hand. Much quicker.

Also, the NY Post is such garbage...

"A hatchet-swinging psycho with Islamic militant leanings turned a busy Queens street corner into a scene of bloody chaos Thursday, chopping a rookie cop in the back of the head and slicing a second officer on the arm before two other officers shot him dead.

In opening fire on the madman, cops accidentally wounded a bystander, *authorities said."

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I just have to wonder if this attack was linked to hatred brought about by the police shootings of unarmed blacks. I don't condone it, but think we will see more of it.

BTW isn't illegal in NY to posses a cutting instrument in public?

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, Truth: My 18th Century Small Sword is much quicker than your hatchet. ;-)

And yes, I DO use it 1-handed...

P.S. You can always "choke-up" on a long-handled axe for "finer" work, but to get the most power delivered to the "cut-ee" you need to use 2 hands.

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
This might be an unpopular opinion. This incident is as much about islam as it is about the hatchet, or the color of the guys skin, or the fact he's male. This was an attack by a sick, broken individual. This individual happened to have a certain skin color, sex, and religious beliefs.

I also am of the opinion that many of the ways islam is currently expressed are appealing to sick, broken individuals. I expect to see more of these attacks.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
Truth,

Mace vs. Small Sword. Should be interesting.

...en garde!

-- Nicolas le Floch

RW,

We know that it's a bigger issue, we're just being trivial, if you will. But as I've said for many years, most politicians AND people in America just don't get the "Islam thing" as it IS a war of religions (and at least since the First Crusade) when you get down to it. Always will be, and it doesn't matter if America is no longer a Christian nation.

But this incident DOES go to show people -- if I may paraphrase the famous sage Joe Bob Briggs (TV's Drive-In Theater and MonsterVision host) -- "Anything can happen at any time." Or what he actually said, "Anyone can die at any time." Certainly, both are true. :-(

So at ALL times, CARRY!

Last edited:

Primus

I just have to wonder if this attack was linked to hatred brought about by the police shootings of unarmed blacks. I don't condone it, but think we will see more of it.

BTW isn't illegal in NY to posses a cutting instrument in public?
Yea that's it.

He wasn't a crazy Muslim responding to calls from Isis to do lone wolf attacks against military and police. You know, like the other attacks in Canada that just happened. Nah, hes a rational guy who's upset about the oppression of the black man in NYC.

You should be a detective. Regular sherlock holmes.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This guy is disheartened by this hatchet man as he has been petitioning for a ban on all hammers (for good reason):

BAN THE HAMMER !

davidmcbeth

Banned

WalkingWolf

Join us and get killed ! Great campaign ...

True, but people feeling desperation is commonly recruited by crime families, and terrorists. I don't see it as out of the question that some radicals have reached to young blacks that feel they have been oppressed.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
...maybe the "suspect" (ain't that a joke) was "inspired" by that incident in London where the UK soldier (UNarmed) was attacked on the street and beheaded:

"A man, believed to be a serving soldier, was attacked and beheaded with a machete in broad day light this afternoon in Woolwich, South London by two men in what is suspected to be a terror attack. The soldier was attacked with knives and meat cleavers following a car crash. Two black men in a blue Vauxhall car rammed into the soldier on John Wilson Street SE18, then jumped out of their car and started attacking him with meat cleavers. An eye witness said the attackers were "chopping this guy to pieces, literally hacking at something like it was a piece of meat". 05/22/2013." Posted May 23, 2013 by vlogger
-- http://www.military.com/video/opera...ish-soldier-beheaded-in-london/2402785809001/

[a video of the guy right after doing that -- 'splaining hisself, I guess -- is also on the page posted above. Later, I believe both "suspects" attacked the police who arrived, too.]

...except in this NYC case, one guy attacking a group of ARMED cops sounds like he expected to die...which is also characteristic of Islamic Suicide Bombers (killers). The important thing for them is the "political statement" -- if any in this case. Aside from the "bonus" terror factor. Since he's dead, there may never be an explanation why he did it.

And that soldier in Canada shot while he was on guard (with an EMPTY MAGAZINE as per usual -- just window-dressing for tourists) -- yet no one mentions the obvious: Maybe guards should be FOR REAL! If HE had been, he might have seen it coming and could have defended himself. Not picking on Canada, however, I remember being on guard in the US Army in the late 1960s, ALSO with no ammo in the magazine (or even ON me). Governments didn't trust their soldiers being armed even back THEN, let alone nowadays.

Tell you what: What you need with guys like the one picture below (and his buddy with him) is a gun with LIVE ammo in it, and preferably, a gun that can shoot these psycho/crackhead or political/religious zealot (or whatever) guys MULTIPLE times with a SERIOUS caliber/power-factor bullet. And liberals continue to ask why anyone "needs" a so-called "assault rifle."

Incidents like the above are good reasons. Ferguson, MO, is another (and it may not be over YET in Ferguson, as they wait to see if the cop who shot Brown will be indicted or not).

A semi-auto rifle/carbine is definitely "comfort food" in those kind of situations (or am I out in Left Field -- again).

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

The Truth

True, but people feeling desperation is commonly recruited by crime families, and terrorists. I don't see it as out of the question that some radicals have reached to young blacks that feel they have been oppressed.

I don't think your run-of-the-mill oppressed black man is interested in committing suicide in the name of Islam. Not sure how you're making the connection...