• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrier saves woman from rape - will she now carry? who knows

fjpro2a

Not just for michigan

Grapeshot, Why would this be limited to the Michigan sub-forum? You do not have to reply. I just think this is important for all of us across the good ole USA. No biggie.

FreeInAZ

Fair use quote - " Several area residents offered the 21-year-old woman clothing and comfort while a man who holds a valid concealed pistols license ordered the suspect out of the house at gunpoint, according to Flint police.

The man took off running but was chased down by the gun-wielding citizen who, with the help of an undercover auto theft police officer, tackled and held him down until police arrived."

Now we can only hope that the undercover officer who apparently was near by, would have acted on his own if the good Samaritan CPL citizen had not of taken action?

FreeInAZ

Grapeshot, Why would this be limited to the Michigan sub-forum? You do not have to reply. I just think this is important for all of us across the good ole USA. No biggie.

I concur. This story should (also) be in the national portion of the forum.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not being argumentative - just informative

I concur. This story should (also) be in the national portion of the forum.

Beginning with defending and promoting open carry, this story/event wasn't automatic for inclusion on that basis. It is a report of a good guy with a gun coming to the aid of another; therefore of interest to the readers here. Still though w/o the "huge story" aspects of Hot Topics or similar.

We do not have a "national" sub-forum (overly broad) and most frequently categorize and locate by where the incident took place, especially if it is not an exact fit for another sub-forum. The area/state where something takes place is most frequently how the initial search is begun for such reports too.

Much good information is available throughout the state categories and of interest to people across this country - should these all be put into a "national" grouping?.....I think not. With readers already having full access to all sub-forums, the input is quite non-restrictive. Readers are encouraged to look/read beyond their own backyard.

Sorry that we don't make everyone happy all of the time, but we are trying, are we not? Really though I do appreciate your input and will accommodate as deemed most appropriate. Thanks everyone - you are the lifeblood of this forum.

fjpro2a

Understood

Beginning with defending and promoting open carry, this story/event wasn't automatic for inclusion on that basis. It is a report of a good guy with a gun coming to the aid of another; therefore of interest to the readers here. Still though w/o the "huge story" aspects of Hot Topics or similar.

We do not have a "national" sub-forum (overly broad) and most frequently categorize and locate by where the incident took place, especially if it is not an exact fit for another sub-forum. The area/state where something takes place is most frequently how the initial search is begun for such reports too.

Much good information is available throughout the state categories and of interest to people across this country - should these all be put into a "national" grouping?.....I think not. With readers already having full access to all sub-forums, the input is quite non-restrictive. Readers are encouraged to look/read beyond their own backyard.

Sorry that we don't make everyone happy all of the time, but we are trying, are we not? Really though I do appreciate your input and will accommodate as deemed most appropriate. Thanks everyone - you are the lifeblood of this forum.

You are trying, and succeeding. I remember when I coached little league baseball, and some of the fathers wanted the games to start a half hour later and others wanted the games to start a half hour sooner. Couldn't please everybody.