Thread: Folks been hearing the new phrases: radicalized or "self-radicalized"?

Banned

Folks been hearing the new phrases: radicalized or "self-radicalized"?

Sounds like a new thing that LEO and politicians are describing people as being....

If you support 2nd amendment causes, you will soon also be deemed as "radicalized" or "self-radicalized"

Watch and wait for it and be prepared for this new effort to classify people.

I doubt it will catch on. It's not stupid and illogical enough.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

I don't think so... IMO using the term "radicalized" is just another typical leftist ploy of blaming something other than the bad guy for doing bad things. They can't remain politically correct while blaming Islam, a black guy, an illegal immigrants, et so they blame the boogey-man - someone "out there" who radicalized them. This same response is seen frequently from Ferguson protesters to US state dept spokepeople to MSM.

In this same vein, it is unlikely to be used towards 2A supporters because the left already says that 2A supporters and NRA members and the like are inherently evil child killers. There is no need for them to call us radicalized because they have no qualms about calling us horrid things and blaming us directly for things that have nothing to do with us.
    Last edited by deepdiver; 10-25-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Freedom and the thinking that we have a right to defend ourselves is very radical for some (many or all) of the the antis.

Who "radicalized" me? The founding fathers of our country and an educational system that was not totally broken, encouraged independent thinking. Supported by in home system (parents & grandparents) that promoted standing up for my beliefs.

Now I pass that responsibility on, as do others many here.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Freedom and the thinking that we have a right to defend ourselves is very radical for some (many or all) of the the antis.

Who "radicalized" me? The founding fathers of our country and an educational system that was not totally broken, encouraged independent thinking. Supported by in home system (parents & grandparents) that promoted standing up for my beliefs.

Now I pass that responsibility on, as do others many here.
    Ah...a confession.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Thank goodness that I am safe from the "radicalized" accusation, being a trained reactionary. "Reactionaries are considered to be one end of a political spectrum whose opposite pole is progressivism/radicalism (in the meaning "left"), though reactionary ideologies may be themselves radical (in the meaning "extreme"). (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactionary)'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Meiklejohn
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.