• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Folks been hearing the new phrases: radicalized or "self-radicalized"?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sounds like a new thing that LEO and politicians are describing people as being....

If you support 2nd amendment causes, you will soon also be deemed as "radicalized" or "self-radicalized"

Watch and wait for it and be prepared for this new effort to classify people.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I don't think so... IMO using the term "radicalized" is just another typical leftist ploy of blaming something other than the bad guy for doing bad things. They can't remain politically correct while blaming Islam, a black guy, an illegal immigrants, etç so they blame the boogey-man - someone "out there" who radicalized them. This same response is seen frequently from Ferguson protesters to US state dept spokepeople to MSM.

In this same vein, it is unlikely to be used towards 2A supporters because the left already says that 2A supporters and NRA members and the like are inherently evil child killers. There is no need for them to call us radicalized because they have no qualms about calling us horrid things and blaming us directly for things that have nothing to do with us.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Freedom and the thinking that we have a right to defend ourselves is very radical for some (many or all) of the the antis.

Who "radicalized" me? The founding fathers of our country and an educational system that was not totally broken, encouraged independent thinking. Supported by in home system (parents & grandparents) that promoted standing up for my beliefs.

Now I pass that responsibility on, as do others many here.

OC for ME

Freedom and the thinking that we have a right to defend ourselves is very radical for some (many or all) of the the antis.

Who "radicalized" me? The founding fathers of our country and an educational system that was not totally broken, encouraged independent thinking. Supported by in home system (parents & grandparents) that promoted standing up for my beliefs.

Now I pass that responsibility on, as do others many here.
Ah...a confession. :uhoh: