Thread: Actors who are antis - I won't watch their movies !

Banned

Actors who are antis - I won't watch their movies !

http://www.examiner.com/article/inte...alerts_article

This article's web page lists 2 hoplophobes ... McConaughey and Neeson

Jim Carey is another ...

Any others you want to list? Post on the thread to let people know.

I know that the list is long....but I refuse to watch any of their movies ...

Does getting them off pirate bay torrents count?
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    lol. Good luck. Might as well just stop watching movies.

Edit: Don't mean to be negative, just... I don't see how you could possibly do this... There are so many actors in movies... Or maybe you just mean the stars of the movies? But what about other key players in production, what if it's directed by an anti-gun director? Or produced with a production company that has primarily anti-gun shareholders? Etc. etc. I can't imagine doing that much research every time I want to watch a silly movie...
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 10-25-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I find the idea of idea of elevating actors to such an important status as to change my life based on their political/social views ridiculous.
    The masses may treat them as gods but I cannot abide it. I don't give two squirts what any of them think and certainly won't be altering what I choose for entertainment based on it.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

how about actors who make shootem-up movies and then deplore guns in society

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

But...what if they're just acting?

I don't worry about the cashiers views at Food Lion. Should I stop shopping there because she might be anti gun?

Actors should just do their job, they are not box office hits because of their political views. People should stop giving them credibility for anything other than acting.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

There are some actors who have been so public, vocal and IMO outrageous in their politicals that I cannot separate a character they play from what they said. They've essentially been type cast in my mind to the point that I can't buy into any character they play. Obviously I don't watch their movies. Others I choose not to pay to see their movies as I don't want to fund their positions through buying their product.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I don't worry about the cashiers views at Food Lion. Should I stop shopping there because she might be anti gun?

Actors should just do their job, they are not box office hits because of their political views. People should stop giving them credibility for anything other than acting.
    Your Food Lion cashier? Is he/she an actor? If not, start your own thread. This one is specific of actors.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Your Food Lion cashier? Is he/she an actor? If not, start your own thread. This one is specific of actors.
    Ouch.... Slapped.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Ouch.... Slapped.

Just trying to keep the focus ...

Gee that time of the month?

The point is that their job has nothing to do with their political opinion. If you can't see that it is not my problem. If you don't like the post report it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Just trying to keep the focus ...
    You may want to put on your glasses then...
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    You may want to put on your glasses then...
    You have not noted an actor ....

You have not noted an actor ....
    And I don't have to~~see that little triangle in the lower left corner? You do know what it is for don't you?
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Banned
    And I don't have to~~see that little triangle in the lower left corner? You do know what it is for don't you?
    That triangle does not do anything ... haven't you heard? Its like the "walk" button on electric poles at intersections.

Also, hardly reportable ... if you are willing to watch major actors' movies who hate the 2nd amendment, that's up to you. I won't. Many others will not either ~ just trying to get information out. What's the objection to that? You may also click the small triangle. click click clicky all you wanty.

That triangle does not do anything ... haven't you heard? Its like the "walk" button on electric poles at intersections.

Also, hardly reportable ... if you are willing to watch major actors' movies who hate the 2nd amendment, that's up to you. I won't. Many others will not either ~ just trying to get information out. What's the objection to that? You may also click the small triangle. click click clicky all you wanty.
    You are free to do what you wish, as the rest of us. If you don't like my posts you have two choices, report and complain, or just "bugger off".
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

yeah, if you're going to avoid all actors that don't support the 2nd Amendment that's going to leave you with about 5 actors to watch. Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis are the only two I can think off off the top of my head.

And even then they're all going to be in movies with actors that don't support our rights. So like Wolf said, you have to separate their personal views from their work.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm