Thread: Progress being made in Texas

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar

Progress being made in Texas

Progress is being made around Texas in regards to understanding and acceptance of open carry. Here's an example of a very matter-of-fact article published in a local paper about (then) upcoming OCT participation in a county fair parade. Of course the fair went off without a hitch and OCT's participation was no different. This has become par for the course and it's encouraging to see more people become aware of and accepting of open carry and their rights to equip for general defense.

Hope link works, let me know if not

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...ype=1&theater#

Here's a little footage from the parade if you're interested
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXzS...VSIB-k7lCgjXQA

Fairs and parades are always fun
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 10-25-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Your links work just fine

I have no doubt that Texas will soon join the ranks of open carry states. The antis will scream and whine of the dire consequences....then life will go on with legally OCing people leading the way.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

I have no doubt that Texas will soon join the ranks of open carry states. The antis will scream and whine of the dire consequences....then life will go on with legally OCing people leading the way.
    +1

As always Kudos to OCT and good luck with your fight and I hope you win soon.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

If I may engage in some personal superstition ():

I'm afraid the squeals and outright lies of the antis will drown out logic and reason (both already in short supply amongst politicians) and Texas will retain their Privilege to Keep and Bear Arms ("PKBA").

As always, I hope I am completely wrong.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 10-25-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    If I may engage in some personal superstition ():

I'm afraid the squeals and outright lies of the antis will drown out logic and reason (both already in short supply amongst politicians) and Texas will retain their Privilege to Keep and Bear Arms ("PKBA").

As always, I hope I am completely wrong.
    It's possible that only licensed OC will pass instead of unlicensed. Of course that is still a step in the right direction, but there is danger of momentum bring lost. OCT and other orgs in Texas are preparing for the long haul though.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned

Can still OC rifles right?

I hope so! Some members may remember that I run a print shop here in San Antonio and produced OC brochures a couple years ago that we could all ask to put in our local gun shops and ranges to rally support and awareness (pic attached). Since we're heading up to the next legislative session for 2015, I'm willing to do the same again if I get enough interest. Basically, if enough people are willing to chip in to buy batches, we can run a larger batch and split the cost between us. Since they're at cost, they work out really quite cheap and are on nice glossy paper, etc. Feel free to PM me if interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Open Carry Tri Fold_Layout 3-1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	12174  

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Can still OC rifles right?
    OC of long guns while legal is not very practical for EDC.

Too it does not fit the desired goal of normalizing the OC of holstered handguns as we go about our everyday routines.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Too it does not fit the desired goal of normalizing the OC of holstered handguns as we go about our everyday routines.
    Hopefully they will still be able to OC antique handguns, I used to OC cap and ball revolvers at one time. They are just as lethal as modern handguns.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Normalization of Handgun Open Carry in Texas

Strongly agree. One of my concerns is the impromptu open carrying of long guns in public for the purpose of campaigning for open carry for handguns.

I would like to hear from open carry states if that's what they did while campaigning, and what effects it had on the voters. I would love it if we could legally open carry handguns in Texas, but I'm concerned that over exploitation right now might sour our attempts, and could possibly cause amendments to state law that would prohibit long gun open carry as well (hope not!).

As I already pointed out, you can legally open carry handguns in Texas. They have to be antique firearms though.

There was no campaigning in NC, we had a court ruling that supported the right to open carry firearms. And that was backed up by a recent court decision that OC is not RAS, so we cannot be hassled simply for OCing.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    As I already pointed out, you can legally open carry handguns in Texas. They have to be antique firearms though.

There was no campaigning in NC, we had a court ruling that supported the right to open carry firearms. And that was backed up by a recent court decision that OC is not RAS, so we cannot be hassled simply for OCing.
    Thanks. My wish is that ALL the states will accept open carry as being 'normal'. This will bring back fond memories of growing up carrying revolvers, gun racks in every truck, etc. I'm old!