• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Progress being made in Texas

stealthyeliminator

Progress is being made around Texas in regards to understanding and acceptance of open carry. Here's an example of a very matter-of-fact article published in a local paper about (then) upcoming OCT participation in a county fair parade. Of course the fair went off without a hitch and OCT's participation was no different. This has become par for the course and it's encouraging to see more people become aware of and accepting of open carry and their rights to equip for general defense.

Hope link works, let me know if not :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...2395653593.2016882.1337959492&type=1&theater#

Here's a little footage from the parade if you're interested :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXzSbFaddy0&index=3&list=UUAGzNbiHhVSIB-k7lCgjXQA

Fairs and parades are always fun :)

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Your links work just fine
icon14.png

I have no doubt that Texas will soon join the ranks of open carry states. The antis will scream and whine of the dire consequences....then life will go on with legally OCing people leading the way. :)

WalkingWolf

icon14.png

I have no doubt that Texas will soon join the ranks of open carry states. The antis will scream and whine of the dire consequences....then life will go on with legally OCing people leading the way. :)

+1

As always Kudos to OCT and good luck with your fight and I hope you win soon.

Rusty Young Man

If I may engage in some personal superstition (;)):

I'm afraid the squeals and outright lies of the antis will drown out logic and reason (both already in short supply amongst politicians) and Texas will retain their Privilege to Keep and Bear Arms ("PKBA").:uhoh:

As always, I hope I am completely wrong.:cool:

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

If I may engage in some personal superstition (;)):

I'm afraid the squeals and outright lies of the antis will drown out logic and reason (both already in short supply amongst politicians) and Texas will retain their Privilege to Keep and Bear Arms ("PKBA").:uhoh:

As always, I hope I am completely wrong.:cool:

It's possible that only licensed OC will pass instead of unlicensed. Of course that is still a step in the right direction, but there is danger of momentum bring lost. OCT and other orgs in Texas are preparing for the long haul though.

qednick

icon14.png

I hope so! Some members may remember that I run a print shop here in San Antonio and produced OC brochures a couple years ago that we could all ask to put in our local gun shops and ranges to rally support and awareness (pic attached). Since we're heading up to the next legislative session for 2015, I'm willing to do the same again if I get enough interest. Basically, if enough people are willing to chip in to buy batches, we can run a larger batch and split the cost between us. Since they're at cost, they work out really quite cheap and are on nice glossy paper, etc. Feel free to PM me if interested.

Attachments

• Open Carry Tri Fold_Layout 3-1.jpg
    Open Carry Tri Fold_Layout 3-1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 103

WalkingWolf

OC of long guns while legal is not very practical for EDC.

Too it does not fit the desired goal of normalizing the OC of holstered handguns as we go about our everyday routines.

Hopefully they will still be able to OC antique handguns, I used to OC cap and ball revolvers at one time. They are just as lethal as modern handguns.

papabling

Normalization of Handgun Open Carry in Texas

OC of long guns while legal is not very practical for EDC.

Too it does not fit the desired goal of normalizing the OC of holstered handguns as we go about our everyday routines.

Strongly agree. One of my concerns is the impromptu open carrying of long guns in public for the purpose of campaigning for open carry for handguns.

I would like to hear from open carry states if that's what they did while campaigning, and what effects it had on the voters. I would love it if we could legally open carry handguns in Texas, but I'm concerned that over exploitation right now might sour our attempts, and could possibly cause amendments to state law that would prohibit long gun open carry as well (hope not!).

WalkingWolf

As I already pointed out, you can legally open carry handguns in Texas. They have to be antique firearms though.

There was no campaigning in NC, we had a court ruling that supported the right to open carry firearms. And that was backed up by a recent court decision that OC is not RAS, so we cannot be hassled simply for OCing.

papabling

As I already pointed out, you can legally open carry handguns in Texas. They have to be antique firearms though.

There was no campaigning in NC, we had a court ruling that supported the right to open carry firearms. And that was backed up by a recent court decision that OC is not RAS, so we cannot be hassled simply for OCing.

Thanks. My wish is that ALL the states will accept open carry as being 'normal'. This will bring back fond memories of growing up carrying revolvers, gun racks in every truck, etc. I'm old! :lol: