• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amendment five application is far reaching ladies and gents

kcgunfan

I hate it a lot when they change the state statutes? The statue change from carrying anything on a bus being illegal to carrying illegally on a bus being illegal. Don't know when and I don't really care. Since that statute is so far away from the rest of the weapons statutes, I don't normally review it for changes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I hate it a lot when they change the state statutes? The statue change from carrying anything on a bus being illegal to carrying illegally on a bus being illegal. Don't know when and I don't really care. Since that statute is so far away from the rest of the weapons statutes, I don't normally review it for changes.

Exactly where? There are so many links flying around I don't know which one you're referring to.

Would you please post a link to what you're referring to?

Oramac

It says the same thing on the new RSMO site too. Fair bet it's accurate.

The interesting part is as LMTD posted from Section 4:

"4. Any passenger who boards a bus with a dangerous or deadly weapon or other means capable of inflicting serious bodily injury concealed upon his person or effects is guilty of the felony of "possession and concealment of a dangerous or deadly weapon" upon a bus. Possession and concealment of a dangerous and deadly weapon by a passenger upon a bus shall be a class C felony...." (Emphasis added)

kcgunfan

The statute was apparently updated at some point. I don't know when. But apparently something was changed last year. I'm not saying that it's currently illegal, just that it was.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
It says the same thing on the new RSMO site too. Fair bet it's accurate.

The interesting part is as LMTD posted from Section 4:

"4. Any passenger who boards a bus with a dangerous or deadly weapon or other means capable of inflicting serious bodily injury concealed upon his person or effects is guilty of the felony of "possession and concealment of a dangerous or deadly weapon" upon a bus. Possession and concealment of a dangerous and deadly weapon by a passenger upon a bus shall be a class C felony...." (Emphasis added)
The problem is this, which doesn't differentiate between open and concealed carry:

740.441 (11): "No weapon or other instrument intended for use as a weapon may be carried in or on any facility or conveyance, except for law enforcement personnel. For the purposes hereof, a weapon shall include, but not be limited to, a firearm, switchblade knife, sword, or any instrument of any kind known as blackjack, billy club, club, sandbag, metal knuckles, leather bands studded with metal, wood impregnated with metal filings or razor blades; except that this subdivision shall not apply to a rifle or shotgun which is unloaded and carried in any enclosed case, box or other container which completely conceals the item from view and identification as a weapon"

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C000-099/0700000441.HTM

kcgunfan

Not that it matters, but there are bills in the MO Senate and House to allow firearms on all public transportation other than school buses and Amtrak. I suspect it will pass without much trouble.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Not that it matters, but there are bills in the MO Senate and House to allow firearms on all public transportation other than school buses and Amtrak. I suspect it will pass without much trouble...
I think it does matter a great deal. Do you happen to have links to those bills? Where do they stand?

kcgunfan

SB 529 and HB 1080. Neither is moving quickly, but that not unusual. Looks to require CCW and a permit, so that makes it more interesting. It would take effect in late August regardless though.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

Redbaron007

Ezek

I wonder how long it will be before someone higher up in politics/government thinks it all needs to be toned down with this push for rights and finds some patsy to put on a bus and shoot people up so the media can tote it around as a reason to refuse constitutional rights.

just sayin.