Thread: Pre-Thanksgiving OC lunch, 15th of November

Pre-Thanksgiving OC lunch, 15th of November

Who: All OCers, CCers, and assorted Freedom-loving individuals
    What: Pre-Thanksgiving* OC lunch
    When: 1 pm on Saturday, 15th of November
    Where: Phoenix. Eatery name and location being sent by PM**
    Why: Why not?

I should be easy to recognize, if not by my OCed sidearm alone; details of what I am likely to wear are being sent by PM.

*This is in the hopes that a post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas OC lunch will be possible.

**Will be contacting the eatery to see if this can be a "formal" OC lunch; if the eatery does not have a problem with our OC AND it being announced publicly, the details will be posted here for all to see).

Update (2014/10/27):
    This lunch may be moved up one week (to the 8th), as several members have stated they would be unable to make it on the 15th.

Update (2014/10/30):
    Seeing as moving the lunch up by one week results in no NET increase in members attending, I think it would be best to keep the date for the 15th. Again, the lunch is set for the 15th of November at 1 pm.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 11-05-2014 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Phoenix
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Sorry I'll be out of town that weekend and will have to miss it. Hope you will have the pre-Christmas one !

Alright, three people have now stated they would've unable to make it to a lunch on the 15th; who here would be able to make it on the 8th (one week earlier)?

Can we sound off so I can get a rough idea of how many people may be in attendance?

I thought I could make both days (who needs an excuse to have two OC lunches?), but money will be kind of tight during the next month or so, and it takes a bit each time I make the round trip from Tucson to Phoenix and back.

Add.
    Also, I'd like to see if Saturday, December 6th works for a post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas lunch?
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 10-27-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Addendum (December date).
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Alright, three people have now stated they would've unable to make it to a lunch on the 15th; who here would be able to make it on the 8th (one week earlier)?

Can we sound off so I can get a rough idea of how many people may be in attendance?

I thought I could make both days (who needs an excuse to have two OC lunches?), but money will be kind of tight during the next month or so, and it takes a bit each time I make the round trip from Tucson to Phoenix and back.

Add.
    Also, I'd like to see if Saturday, December 6th works for a post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas lunch?
    I'll check with my scheduling department (A.K.A. THE MRS!!!), but so far it's looking good for both dates quoted above.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Sorry, the 8th I'm out of town. Dec 6 is good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    I'll check with my scheduling department (A.K.A. THE MRS!!!), but so far it's looking good for both dates quoted above.
    So the 8th of November and the 6th of December work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterNSteinmetz View Post
    Sorry, the 8th I'm out of town. Dec 6 is good for me.
    It seems like November will be more hectic than I originally thought. So far, it seems like the 8th of November will be the date of the next OC lunch.
    Anyone else not able to make it on the 8th?

Also, I am now making a thread for the 6th of December, so mark your calendars.

15th works best lol

15th works best for me, I know we have to go house hunting on the 8th but 15th should be good to get away for a bit. Let me know what you guys want to do.

Seeing as moving the lunch up by one week results in no NET increase in members attending, I think it would be best to keep the date for the 15th. Again, the lunch is set for the 15th of November at 1 pm.

Also, don't forget to mark your calendars for the 6th of December!
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 10-30-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Have a great time. Sorry I'll be in the unfree land of New York.

Boo hiss, boo hiss.... On the crazy laws in the land of NY! Be safe good Sir.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I can't believe you're ditching us for that place.
    Wish you safe travels through the northeastern nanny state.

Bad News :(

Guys I have bad news, my boss has just informed me that I will have to take my Guard Card Renewal Class on the 15th. (Guard Card is required to do Security work in AZ). The class will be from 9am-5pm so I will be unable to make the 1pm lunch. I wish I could skip out but as stated the card is needed to put food on the table. I will make sure to be plugged in with any MDA event(s) that take place next month though, just let me know!!!

Phoenix metro or Tucson area?
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David View Post
    Phoenix metro or Tucson area?
    Phoenix metro. I should have put that in the original post. Sorry about the blunder.
    Always glad to meet a fellow OCer, and it's nice to put faces and names together.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelina View Post
    Guys I have bad news, my boss has just informed me that I will have to take my Guard Card Renewal Class on the 15th.SNIP...
    Darn. Well, since you need THIS () Saturday class, I guess we won't hold it against you.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 11-05-2014 at 03:10 AM. Reason: :p

One more week

The lunch is exactly one week out, and the eatery details have been sent by PM.

Can't wait to see you all there, and hope to see some new faces.

PM inbound amigo.

Did anyone who expected to receive the OC lunch details not receive a PM from me?

I sent one out at 1 pm, and tried again at 3 pm (just now); let me know if you're still unable to see my message, and I'll try again. The more Freedom-loving people, the merrier.

Only 24(-ish) hours before the Pre-Thanksgiving OC lunch!

I will check my inbox several more times today, and one last time tomorrow before heading out.

If anyone wants to join us and thinks there is even the slightest possibility that you'll make it, PM either myself or one of the other attendees for the eatery location.

Only 24(-ish) hours before the Pre-Thanksgiving OC lunch!

I will check my inbox several more times today, and one last time tomorrow before heading out.

If anyone wants to join us and thinks there is even the slightest possibility that you'll make it, PM either myself or one of the other attendees for the eatery location.
    I will not make it this time, I have to be in Avondale on Monday, It would be two 240 mile round trips in three days.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    I will not make it this time, I have to be in Avondale on Monday, It would be two 240 mile round trips in three days.
    Don't sweat it, I'd be a little reluctant to make such a trek myself.
    Hopefully you're able to make the December one (Saturday, 6th of December at 1 pm; eatery details will be released within the week), and January and February lunches are being planned as well.

Anyone else who wishes to receive the details but didn't get a PM from me, please let one of us know (always nice meeting another Freedom-loving individual).

Have to make a stop before the lunch, so heading out now. Hope to enjoy the company of fellow OCers and Freedom-lovers.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 11-15-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Had a great time with FreeInAZ and his guests and my guest at the OC lunch. The aroma of the food itself belied its hearty flavors, and the atmosphere was definitely friendly; the manager of the place had no problems with our OC. This friendly place will definitely see a return visit in the near future.

Great weather lent itself to eating outside, which I'm sure increased the visibility of our OC. I will admit this was only a fortunate coincidence.
    More than a handful of people will from this day forth realize that Open Carry of sidearms is common here in AZ, and will forever remember the sight of an armed group causing *GASP* no trouble.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 11-16-2014 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Clarification

This is why I can't wait to move to AZ

THIS! This is exactly why I can't wait to move to AZ. Just a couple months away finally...

I love the freedoms I will be afforded moving OUT of California and TO a State that (thanks to so many people including AZCDL (of which I became a member this past month), allows like-minded RKBA people to gather in public for the sake of friendship and community...

Even though I'll be moving to PV, I would absolutely enjoy heading down to the Phoenix area for lunches like this!

Quote Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
    THIS! This is exactly why I can't wait to move to AZ. Just a couple months away finally...

I love the freedoms I will be afforded moving OUT of California and TO a State that (thanks to so many people including AZCDL (of which I became a member this past month), allows like-minded RKBA people to gather in public for the sake of friendship and community...

Even though I'll be moving to PV, I would absolutely enjoy heading down to the Phoenix area for lunches like this!
    Glad to hear someone will be escaping from the land to the West! And good call on joining AzCDL; try to make the annual luncheon (I've only attended two, so far) and you will not be disappointed with the quality of the people there, as well as the assortment of OCed sidearms.

Just one thing about your post (bolded above): the ability to gather in public with other Freedom-loving individuals isn't "allowed", it just isn't taken away like in the authoritarian states.
    That kind of thinking didn't come from you, it's just rubbed off on you after years of propaganda in Kalifornia.

Just one thing about your post (bolded above): the ability to gather in public with other Freedom-loving individuals isn't "allowed", it just isn't taken away like in the authoritarian states.
    That kind of thinking didn't come from you, it's just rubbed off on you after years of propaganda in Kalifornia.
    Thanks for reminding me of that. I'll likely need reminding from time to time, though I do believe anywhere that a person cannot carry a firearm is a place that unconstitutionally prevents that person from doing so. As you said though - it has rubbed off on me through years of propaganda.