Thread: Armour vehicle for civil stuff ... that's why they got all these military stuff

Banned

Armour vehicle for civil stuff ... that's why they got all these military stuff

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wiscons...280427872.html

He also said what while Hoeppner was never considered dangerous, he was known to be argumentative....a roadblock

Well worth the effort to collect old pallets and stuff?
    A roadblock? Over-kill over-kill.

Crazy decisions.

Thanks for the posting of it, I couldn't bring myself to do so. Don't miss the comments.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    People shouldn't tell other people what to do with their own property. Such is a problem all around the country, city governments trying to play Sim City and control every little aspect of other people's lives, businesses, homes, etc. They're even so bold as to actually say on record they want "more teeth" to be able to "go after" property owners and impose their will on their property and businesses... It's thoroughly anti-freedom.
    Advocate freedom please

The downside of that slice of baloney is the effect on property values of a neighbor's personal values, positive and negative.

Here is Wisconsin's Zoning Board Handbook that early on establishes that zoning protects property values and closes with many citations of case law.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/floodplains/...d_handbook.pdf
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The downside of that slice of baloney is the effect on property values of a neighbor's personal values, positive and negative.

Here is Wisconsin's Zoning Board Handbook that early on establishes that zoning protects property values and closes with many citations of case law.

I think your sentence is improperly structured but I'm pretty sure you just called my post a slice of baloney. Yeah?
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Well, why can he not just fence off the stuff to be outside of the public's view? You should be able to have anything you want on your property. That's why you buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Well, why can he not just fence off the stuff to be outside of the public's view? You should be able to have anything you want on your property. That's why you buy it.
    Fences don't stop smells, noise, lights, or many other annoyances from disturbing others. If so we could just put a fence around new jersey and the whole country's value would go up
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Fences don't stop smells, noise, lights, or many other annoyances from disturbing others. If so we could just put a fence around new jersey and the whole country's value would go up
    I don't think that pallets emit much of an odor ... I did not see any complaints regarding this....but I see your point.

I think we're getting a bit off track here guys. The point of the OP is that PD's across the nation are getting access to this military grade hardware, and using it for the most idiotic means.

I will agree that there are certain times where such equipment is needed. The North Hollywood Shootout, Texas Tower Sniper, Watts riots, Detroit riots (well, that one ACTUALLY needed the 82nd ABN DIV to bring to heel), but the use of armored vehicles in such mundane situations is a waste at best. Waste of time, waste of taxpayer dollars (those things SUCK the diesel) and seriously irritate the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    LMBO
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    I think we're getting a bit off track here guys. The point of the OP is that PD's across the nation are getting access to this military grade hardware, and using it for the most idiotic means.

I will agree that there are certain times where such equipment is needed. The North Hollywood Shootout, Texas Tower Sniper, Watts riots, Detroit riots (well, that one ACTUALLY needed the 82nd ABN DIV to bring to heel), but the use of armored vehicles in such mundane situations is a waste at best. Waste of time, waste of taxpayer dollars (those things SUCK the diesel) and seriously irritate the population.
    You have succinctly hit the proverbial nail right on the head. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post

Can't wait for them to start showing up at regular police roadblocks (or "checkpoints" as they call them), and then on regular street patrol.

"Oh, that'll never happen! You're being paranoid!" (not you, just some people)

People need to educate themselves on the issue... Too many are apathetic, or even think it's cool for the PD to have cool toys. Many have grown up with little to no interaction with the police and assume them to all be benevolent. But thankfully a growing number are becoming educated and are becoming increasingly concerned with the militarization of police. We should do what we can to continue that trend and help even more be educated and concerned.
    Advocate freedom please