Thread: A hilarious "response" to the MPHS shooting

A hilarious "response" to the MPHS shooting

From some Facebook page:
    I am a Child Psychologist, and know that children who start killing innocent animals early in life, thanks to their hunter parents, will later go on killing other living creatures, including people, very easily, without remorse or guilt. Killing becomes very natural to them, very sad.
    Man, I better watch out for Bill Dance. That guy's been brewing for decades...

I can't believe the asshattery of that statement.

Flat out delusional and disturbing.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Oh, another claim to authority and credentialism, just like here, cops as authority figures. Lee Paige comes to mind.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

We have seen similar paradigm shifts in other "scientific" communities over the years. I would not be surprised if the quoted person has those credentials and actually believes the statement. In fact, it makes perfect sense when you consider that similar tactics are used for other causes. If you want to end hunting, connect it to serial killing. It doesn't really matter if the connection is factual or not.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Flat out delusional and disturbing.
    Have a seat and make yourself comfortable. Someone will be with you shortly.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Strange...I never killed animals when I was young....

Note he says 'killed', he doesn't say with what. So what if the parents were aborigines and killed a deer with a spear?

Arguably, I'd say an urban kid that systematically killed kittens that didn't belong to them with a hammer is more troublesome than one who lived on a farm and drowned some kittens when his parents told him to.

-----
    I've never killed ANYTHING with a firearm, and I didn't own a sidearm until I was about 4 decades older and gee, I still haven't killed anything with it.

Now, BB guns and frogs, well, that still kind of upsets me, but 10 year olds will be kids.

AND, I might add if his thesis were true in any way, there'd be a LOT MORE psychopathic killers, I mean literally billions of them. Numbnuts.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 10-27-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Unless I am misremembering my Abnormal Psychology classes, the concern was not about children that killed animals. Those kids were clearly whacko and could be dealt with easily and appropriately.

It was the kids that tore the wings off flies (especially those that tore off only one wing), who burned just the legs or antennae of insects with a magnifying glass, removed the tail or pectoral fins of fish and returned them to the aquarium, and who did all sorts of disabling/disfiguring stuff to both dolls and small vertebrate pets that were cataloged as "giving everybody the heebie-jeebies" about what they might grow up to do.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I don't it's 'torturing insects'. I don't know any kid who hasn't burned bugs with a magnifying glass at least back in the day.

It's the systematic torturing of higher animals, pets, especially pets not their own.

Fish, insects, amphibians, birds, reptiles, BB guns, magnifying glass, normal.

Setting the neighbor's cats on fire because she hollered at them - abnormal, especially if no remorse shown.

But yeah, where do you draw the line. Maybe if they don't 'grow out of it' by a certain age?

It is torture/wanton killing of any sort without remorse.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wanton
    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/remorse
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-27-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Who amongst us would not still kill a cockroach?

With winter coming, do you plan and live trapping and relocating field mice?

How would you conrol termites?

Being at the top of the food chain includes certain benefits, me thinks.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Being at the top (nominally) of the food chain imposes certain burdens of moral self-doubt. Else bliss is ignorance as ignorance is bliss.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Hunting does not equate to killing as used by Mr. Psychologist. He's either really dishonest or really dumb.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    With winter coming, do you plan and live trapping and relocating field mice?
    That's a real knee-slapper.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Hunting does not equate to killing as used by Mr. Psychologist. He's either really dishonest or really dumb.
    I'm thinking he is both.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

He does qualify his statement "innocent" animals vs. guilty animals that deserve killin...apparently.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Wow! There's a child psych who over extrapolated. Also one of the types who caused me to change careers and leave psychology because the stupid started to burn.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Sad part is there are a whole bunch of people that think this way.

I shot rats at the dump when I was a kid.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Odd the generation that grew up with guns and hunting had far less school shootings than the generation of today...

IMO the downward spiral of young peoples morals has nothing to do with hunting.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Odd the generation that grew up with guns and hunting had far less school shootings than the generation of today. IMO the downward spiral of young peoples morals has nothing to do with hunting.
    Corporal punishment?

Or wait until they're incorrigible sergeants?

Where do people think a lot of COPS and Conservation Officers come from? They come from an upbringing surrounded by the outdoors and gun ownership, and from hunting, safety, and respect for nature and the rule of law. It's paramount that we hunters continue to take our kids hunting and continue to teach safety and conservation. Harvesting game is a part of life, and does not equal "senselessly killing animals." HUGE difference.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

what about people who work in slaughterhouses?

The're ok. Except for the vegetarians. Can't trust them....