Thread: Georgia man ordered to remove NRA hat before voting

Georgia man ordered to remove NRA hat before voting

A Georgia man is upset after he went for early voting on Friday and was ordered to remove his National Rifle Association hat before he was allowed to vote.

Bundy Cobb, who is certified by the National Rifle Association in firearms training, wears his “NRA Instructor” hat everywhere he goes, partly to promote his business, True Aim Defense,

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/27/ma...-voting-video/

While he was early voting on Friday, a Douglasville, Georgia man says he was asked to remove a hat he wears everywhere, one that reads “NRA Instructor,” because poll workers said it was too closely associated with the Republican party

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-before-votin/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I gotta dig around and find the hat that the NRA sent me several years ago. Cheap hat, wear it now and then when doing dirty jobs, and it's pretty crusty now.

Banned
    Can't wear political gear when voting ... that's what the current law says ... if it violates 1st amendment is another question ... what, no first amendment at polling places? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Can't wear political gear when voting ... that's what the current law says ... if it violates 1st amendment is another question ... what, no first amendment at polling places? I don't think so.
    Well that makes sense if it is political, such as one of the candidates name or image, or an issue on the ballot, but the NRA, which is not being voted on. Since churches are often active in elections, how about any religious gear/garb, and there are often issues that are directly related to religious beliefs, such as SSM?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    ...reads “NRA Instructor,” ... was too closely associated with the Republican party...
    So if he spun it around backwards, would that have canceled out which party it would be associated with?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Well that makes sense if it is political, such as one of the candidates name or image, or an issue on the ballot, but the NRA, which is not being voted on. Since churches are often active in elections, how about any religious gear/garb, and there are often issues that are directly related to religious beliefs, such as SSM?
    Good God, dont give the FFR people something else to pitch a fit about. They're already busy suing innocent school kids for running food drives, and barring school team coaches from exercising their first amendment rights.

I'm sorry, but if they're going to allow Black Panthers to stand outside the polling places, then I can wear a damn hat inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    If it were me I would get my camera and telephoto lens and if he/they let someone vote with any clothing item " closely associated with the Democrat party" especially and particularly unions I would start filing law suits individually, severally and officially against any all persons/parties involved. I do not like law suits over this kind of stuff but that is the favorite tactic of the left; and my motto is "You hit me with a switch and I'll beat you with a baseball bat"!
    Last edited by F350; 10-28-2014 at 03:37 PM.