Thread: New to OC, any Jeep owners?

New to OC, any Jeep owners?

New to the forum and new to OC. Reading and researching the NC laws to know my rights and what is acceptable and what isn't. Looking for advice on driving and where to store if needed in a Jeep. There is no trunk, hell there sometimes is only a fabric roof! Do I need to add a locking compartment to the rear storage bin? If I'm going somewhere I can't OC, and need to lock in the car, can I use the glovebox when I'm "not" driving? I'm fuzzy on the logic between storage etc. I know I can openly carry loaded in the car but if I need to store and lock, does it require unloading? must it be locked if it is away in the rear? Thanks for any help. Reading constantly has truly has created a need for another scotch.

george, take a look at this option(s)...

https://www.stack-on.com/categories/...6/products/316

https://www.stack-on.com/categories/...2/products/258

secure them by bolt'g them to down to the frame not via they cable mentality.

no unloading required...

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299...-gun-Laws.aspx

section III part D, o/a page 22

better put the firearm away while you are sipping your scotch...and make mine straight up w/o ice

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-27-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I need a double. Yea, I read that part about no-unloading...should have not added that. I will check it out. Thanks for the info. I hate having to bold something in but I guess that is my only option. Is that for the 'security' of it being stolen or for the security of not being accessible to an occupant?

Thanks!

Ok one more follow up...how does one comply with the law and yet not bring a loaded weapon on their hip into the range? The law says I can't carry concealed but to go to the range I need to have it bagged. What is proper etiquette there? any tips?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeZip View Post
    I need a double. Yea, I read that part about no-unloading...should have not added that. I will check it out. Thanks for the info. I hate having to bold something in but I guess that is my only option. Is that for the 'security' of it being stolen or for the security of not being accessible to an occupant?

Thanks!
    well i am an oc'r and have specifically stated when i leave my immediate area on road trips i maintain a 'lock' security box (fire safe w/cut out foam that locks automatically when slam'd shut and key is not maintained in the passenger area) sitting on my front passenger seat if stopped by nice peace officer(s) in the performance of their sworn duties ~ real or imagined!!

to respond to your second query...i have pelican boxes which carry my unloaded firearms i am planning to practice with at the range. the one on my hip i am wearing when i walk in is not touched nor while i am shooting at the range. since they personally know me i am afforded this courtesy and i am not sure it is extended to other customers.

pm sent to respond to your next query...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeZip View Post
    Ok one more follow up...how does one comply with the law and yet not bring a loaded weapon on their hip into the range? The law says I can't carry concealed but to go to the range I need to have it bagged. What is proper etiquette there? any tips?

Thanks again.
    It depends on the range, at Flatwood Outfitters the RSO made me go back to my truck to unload.

It is illegal to OC if admission is charged, he admitted it was stupid, but the law is stupid and makes you do stupid things.

At B&E in Havelock, they didn't say a word.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Depending on your Jeeps year, these are some models designed to fit under seats or in the rear storage area. They bolt down and a have key lock. Shop around, though. Seems like everyone runs different deals (quadratec, amazon, 4wd, etc).

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...&c=88&mn=Tuffy

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post
    It depends on the range, at Flatwood Outfitters the RSO made me go back to my truck to unload.

It is illegal to OC if admission is charged, he admitted it was stupid, but the law is stupid and makes you do stupid things.

At B&E in Havelock, they didn't say a word.
    At my range I never unload my OC weapon, just walk in with it.

It is not illegal to OC if admission is charged, it is illegal to OC if admission is charged and you don't have a CHP.
    Cite:
    14-269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. (snip)
    This section shall not apply to any of the following: (snip)
    (5) A person carrying a handgun if the person has a valid concealed handgun
    permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter, has a
    concealed handgun permit considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24 (snip)
    Last edited by REDFIVE48; 10-29-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFIVE48 View Post

It is not illegal to OC if admission is charged, it is illegal to OC if admission is charged and you don't have a CHP.
    Cite:
    14-269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. (snip)
    I thought that a CHP was a permit to carry a handgun concealed, so even if you are OCing and have a CHP it does not cover it unless it is concealed... why would a CHP have anything to do with where you can carry openly? If that was the case wouldn't it just be called a Handgun Carry Permit? o.O I'm a bit confused... can anyone else jump in and input their interpretation? Thanks.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Depending on your Jeeps year, these are some models designed to fit under seats or in the rear storage area. They bolt down and a have key lock. Shop around, though. Seems like everyone runs different deals (quadratec, amazon, 4wd, etc).

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...&c=88&mn=Tuffy
    wow, great site, or is it cite, oh who cares, neat products...

thanks griz for your contribution...

ipse

Thanks, Solus.

Someone is always making something I need to buy for my Jeep : )

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm760 View Post
    I thought that a CHP was a permit to carry a handgun concealed, so even if you are OCing and have a CHP it does not cover it unless it is concealed... why would a CHP have anything to do with where you can carry openly? If that was the case wouldn't it just be called a Handgun Carry Permit? o.O I'm a bit confused... can anyone else jump in and input their interpretation? Thanks.
    I'm just utilizing my reading comprehension skills where it states you can carry where they charge admission or sell alcohol for consumption as long as you possess a CHP. It says nothing about actually needing to carry concealed. I liken that to possessing a military ID, you don't have to be wearing your uniform to get the benefits that the ID affords you.

Note the difference in verbiage to another area
    § 14-277.2. Weapons at parades, etc., prohibited.
    snip
    (d) The provisions of this section shall not apply to concealed carry of a handgun at a parade or funeral procession by a person with a valid permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter, with a permit considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24 . . . snip
    Last edited by REDFIVE48; 10-30-2014 at 08:13 AM.

I'm just utilizing my reading comprehension skills where it states you can carry where they charge admission or sell alcohol for consumption as long as you possess a CHP. It says nothing about actually needing to carry concealed. I liken that to possessing a military ID, you don't have to be wearing your uniform to get the benefits that the ID affords you.

Note the difference in verbiage to another area
    § 14-277.2. Weapons at parades, etc., prohibited.
    snip
    (d) The provisions of this section shall not apply to concealed carry of a handgun at a parade or funeral procession by a person with a valid permit issued in accordance with Article 54B of this Chapter, with a permit considered valid under G.S. 14-415.24 . . . snip
    Ok, I see the difference, thanks. Interesting law.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

Cite:
    None of that applies to me, I don't have a permission slip.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE