• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why are soldiers being quarantined ? I thought chance was zero of infection?? ebola

Fallschirjmäger

Because the Italian government wanted it that way?
Because of an 'abundance of caution' rather than laissez-faire 'we'll close that barn door after the we find out if the horse has already bolted' attitude?
Because they're still getting paid and they effectively have a 3 week vacation?

F350

Because of an 'abundance of caution' rather than laissez-faire 'we'll close that barn door after the we find out if the horse has already bolted' attitude?

Because THEY know what they are doing?

davidmcbeth

Banned

Now we are listening to the Italian army? Right, they have been so good over the years.

Fallschirjmäger

Now we are listening to the Italian army? Right, they have been so good over the years.
Since the USA is in Italy at the invitation of the Italian Government, yes, David. We (the US) have to ask their permission to land or to overfly their country, it's part and parcel of the Status of Forces (SOFA) agreement. If the Italian government insists that we operate in a certain manner on their own soil, then we either do so, or find some soil of our own.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Since the USA is in Italy at the invitation of the Italian Government, yes, David. We (the US) have to ask their permission to land or to overfly their country, it's part and parcel of the Status of Forces (SOFA) agreement. If the Italian government insists that we operate in a certain manner on their own soil, then we either do so, or find some soil of our own.

ROFL ... they begged us ... I think we should leave most of the EU myself ...

Just tell them "No comprendo amigo!"

since9

Campaign Veteran
The Army is quarantining their own people because they DO know what they're doing, and they do NOT want to risk being a vector on which Ebola might hitch a ride into Colorado Springs.

Last edited:

357SigFan

If you're going into/near an pathogen hotzone, there's NEVER zero chance of infection. The chances might be low, but NEVER ZERO. Anyone that believes otherwise is a moron. Ebola is a nasty pathogen. Being 'overly cautious' might not be cautious enough.