Thread: Your old man was right - just hold it till we get home - ebola from public toliets

Banned

Your old man was right - just hold it till we get home - ebola from public toliets

http://www.infowars.com/you-can-get-...a-toilet-seat/

In general, the disease risk of toilet seats is overrated, but you probably can get Ebola from a toilet seat.

The risk is not so much the seat itself as the whole bathroom. But not just any bathroom. The risk would come from a bathroom that an Ebola victim in an infectious phase has recently used.

More useful information about our favorite virus ...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.infowars.com/you-can-get-...a-toilet-seat/

In general, the disease risk of toilet seats is overrated, but you probably can get Ebola from a toilet seat.

The risk is not so much the seat itself as the whole bathroom. But not just any bathroom. The risk would come from a bathroom that an Ebola victim in an infectious phase has recently used.

More useful information about our favorite virus ...
    Just what we need to have the media spout off to calm the people.
    The silver lining here is that maybe, just maybe, public restrooms will be a little cleaner (if only for lack of use).
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

You could catch a lot of things from a toilet seat. That doesn't mean it happens often, or at all really.

It would make way more sense to crack down on the flu than Ebola. It's way more contagious, and causes tens of thousands of deaths each year in the US alone.

People need to calm the hell down about Ebola. The best response would be to volunteer to help slow the epidemic in Africa... not ramp up the police state to force victims into solitary confinement.

By the way... infowars is probably the most horrible, fear-mongering, conspiracy-loving, loony media outlet in existence, and this is coming from a libertarian. Alex Jones must be the worst thing to come out of Texas.
    Last edited by TexasOC; 10-29-2014 at 12:11 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasOC View Post
    You could catch a lot of things from a toilet seat. That doesn't mean it happens often, or at all really.

It would make way more sense to crack down on the flu than Ebola. It's way more contagious, and causes tens of thousands of deaths each year in the US alone.

People need to calm the hell down about Ebola. The best response would be to volunteer to help slow the epidemic in Africa... not ramp up the police state to force victims into solitary confinement.
    They are violating 4th amendment rights as we speak I would think .... situation: normal

Banned
    By the way... infowars is probably the most horrible, fear-mongering, conspiracy-loving, loony media outlet in existence, and this is coming from a libertarian. Alex Jones must be the worst thing to come out of Texas.
    Worse than Vanilla Ice or Barney?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Just what we need to have the media spout off to calm the people.
    The silver lining here is that maybe, just maybe, public restrooms will be a little cleaner (if only for lack of use).
    Do not confuse infowars with 'the media.'
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

The toilet seat is probably cleaner than the stall door, bathroom door, handle on the towel dispenser, or faucets.

Guess some people are just going to have to stay home.

I also love how people deal with grocery store carts, get a buggy, push it over by the entrance (blocking it of course), then take one of the towelettes out and disinfect that handle, after they have already handled it.

As of now, my odds of catching ebola are worse that a coca cola brand vending machine tipping over and killing me, statistically speaking.

I'll take my chances and leave some upper decker ' s in the bww, target, chipotle restrooms

Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    I'll take my chances and leave some upper decker ' s in the bww, target, chipotle restrooms
    Haha! A true activist

Haha! A true activist
    Fight for your right brotha

As of now, my odds of catching ebola are worse that a coca cola brand vending machine tipping over and killing me, statistically speaking.

Haha! A true activist
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned

<snip>)
    So the vending machine was last used by an ebola infected person?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    So the vending machine was last used by an ebola infected person?
    Probably an Ebola infected person that got stiffed their coke.