• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your old man was right - just hold it till we get home - ebola from public toliets

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.infowars.com/you-can-get-ebola-from-a-toilet-seat/

In general, the disease risk of toilet seats is overrated, but you probably can get Ebola from a toilet seat.

The risk is not so much the seat itself as the whole bathroom. But not just any bathroom. The risk would come from a bathroom that an Ebola victim in an infectious phase has recently used.

More useful information about our favorite virus ...

Rusty Young Man

http://www.infowars.com/you-can-get-ebola-from-a-toilet-seat/

In general, the disease risk of toilet seats is overrated, but you probably can get Ebola from a toilet seat.

The risk is not so much the seat itself as the whole bathroom. But not just any bathroom. The risk would come from a bathroom that an Ebola victim in an infectious phase has recently used.

More useful information about our favorite virus ...

Just what we need to have the media spout off to calm the people.
The silver lining here is that maybe, just maybe, public restrooms will be a little cleaner (if only for lack of use).

TexasOC

You could catch a lot of things from a toilet seat. That doesn't mean it happens often, or at all really.

It would make way more sense to crack down on the flu than Ebola. It's way more contagious, and causes tens of thousands of deaths each year in the US alone.

People need to calm the hell down about Ebola. The best response would be to volunteer to help slow the epidemic in Africa... not ramp up the police state to force victims into solitary confinement.

TexasOC

By the way... infowars is probably the most horrible, fear-mongering, conspiracy-loving, loony media outlet in existence, and this is coming from a libertarian. Alex Jones must be the worst thing to come out of Texas.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
You could catch a lot of things from a toilet seat. That doesn't mean it happens often, or at all really.

It would make way more sense to crack down on the flu than Ebola. It's way more contagious, and causes tens of thousands of deaths each year in the US alone.

People need to calm the hell down about Ebola. The best response would be to volunteer to help slow the epidemic in Africa... not ramp up the police state to force victims into solitary confinement.

They are violating 4th amendment rights as we speak I would think .... situation: normal

davidmcbeth

Banned
By the way... infowars is probably the most horrible, fear-mongering, conspiracy-loving, loony media outlet in existence, and this is coming from a libertarian. Alex Jones must be the worst thing to come out of Texas.

Worse than Vanilla Ice or Barney?

XD40sc

The toilet seat is probably cleaner than the stall door, bathroom door, handle on the towel dispenser, or faucets.

Guess some people are just going to have to stay home.

I also love how people deal with grocery store carts, get a buggy, push it over by the entrance (blocking it of course), then take one of the towelettes out and disinfect that handle, after they have already handled it.

J_dazzle23

As of now, my odds of catching ebola are worse that a coca cola brand vending machine tipping over and killing me, statistically speaking.

I'll take my chances and leave some upper decker ' s in the bww, target, chipotle restrooms :):):):):)