Thread: "Warm people in cold places" OC lunch 12/6, 1:00pm

"Warm people in cold places" OC lunch 12/6, 1:00pm

This is the Post-Thanksgiving, Pre-Christmas OC lunch we'd discussed.

As some of you may have suspected from the title, we will be revisiting the city of Scottsdale for this lunch. If I ever say "frigid places," you'll know we'll be heading South and out of the valley for that one.

So mark your calendars, set the date, and if applicable, bring your fellow Freedom-lovin' spouse and kids. No excuses about Saturday courses or classes this time, we know you didn't need the first one (inside joke).

Here are the details so far:

Who: All OCers, CCers, and assorted Freedom-loving individuals
    What: Gathering for an OC lunch
    When: 1 pm Saturday, 6th of December
    Where: Scottsdale. Eatery name and location being sent by PM.
    Why: Because the Word must be spread about the normalcy of OC.

I should be easy to recognize; if not by my OCed sidearm alone, then by my trademark head gear. Details of what I am likely to wear will be sent by PM.

ETA:
    Anyone who would like to attend but hasn't received a PM, please let one of us know (I will check my inbox before heading out day).
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 12-06-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: ETA
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Ok, I'll plan on being there. Family will likely attend.

Details being sent by PM. Sorry for late-ness.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Ok - this works out great for us! Why? Because just down the road is another place we need to be at shortly after. Way to go event planner. +1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Sent out another PM to clarify the eatery we will grace with our warm presence.

Sorry about the confusion.

I have off that day. I might be able to attend. Please PM me with details.

PM sent.

Heading out. Can't wait to see everyone!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Heading out. Can't wait to see everyone!
    Aren't you late? - thought the time was 1:00pm.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Aren't you late? - thought the time was 1:00pm.
    1 pm, Arizona time.
    Got there with 20 minutes to spare, and got the pleasure of meeting Peter's guests, as well as FreeInAZ's guest; plans for the January meetup may have changed to range time followed by a lunch.

No problems from LEOs, no horses feinting or ladies stampeding.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    1 pm, Arizona time.
    Got there with 20 minutes to spare, and got the pleasure of meeting Peter's guests, as well as FreeInAZ's guest; plans for the January meetup may have changed to range time followed by a lunch.

No problems from LEOs, no horses feinting or ladies stampeding.
    Woops - tend to forget that little detail sometimes. Meet ups like this have been known to cement life long relationships....camarades de armas.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Woops - tend to forget that little detail sometimes. Meet ups like this have been known to cement life long relationships....camarades de armas.
    Agreed.
    To borrow the words of Shakespeare (from memory):
    "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother,
    Be he ne'er so vile, this day shall gentle his condition..."

Only true friends are willing to put their rear in harms way to grace you with their company.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 12-07-2014 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Forgot the "brothers" line; forgive me Sir William :)

Great time had by me & mine! The surprise visit from Santa was icing on the cake
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi