• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lost my carry permit in Tennessee

tomhoward

The Fourth Circuit court has ruled on a case in North Carolina. The ruling says that if Open Carry is legal, then carrying openly does not constitute Reasonable Articulable Suspicion for the police to stop you.

This is what Casad (the unpublished case here in Washington) found, but this is the first time that I know of that a Federal Circuit court has ruled the same. Keep in mind that this doesn't apply outside the Fourth Circuit, but could be used as precedent. If another court rules otherwise, that sets up for a SCOTUS battle.

http://www.ncgunblog.com/2013/03/19/fourth-circuit-gets-it-right-on-open-carry/

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but just because my brother framed me of harassment and stalking and I was convicted when I did none of the things he said I did, they revoked my handgun carry permit. Upon much more research, the 2nd amendment that we all are under says that I have a right to own and bare arms! But now the state of Tennessee has made laws to make sure that I can't carry my gun with me concealed or open without a permit. This sucks and I am searching for ways that I can do this without leaving Tennessee. States like Arizona, don't even require a permit, if you have a legal drivers license, you can carry.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not, but just because my brother framed me of harassment and stalking and I was convicted when I did none of the things he said I did, they revoked my handgun carry permit. Upon much more research, the 2nd amendment that we all are under says that I have a right to own and bare arms! But now the state of Tennessee has made laws to make sure that I can't carry my gun with me concealed or open without a permit. This sucks and I am searching for ways that I can do this without leaving Tennessee. States like Arizona, don't even require a permit, if you have a legal drivers license, you can carry.

Welcome to OCDO Tom. You might want to discuss your options with an attorney, at least find out if there are any.

Insofar as Arizona laws on guns, a license to drive in no way equates to the standards for carrying a firearm. Example: a felon my drive, but cannot legally carry a gun. There are othe restrictions.
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/open-and-concealed-gun-carry-laws-arizona.htm

Kopis

you have bare arms? That's quite sad, you should grow a beard to compensate for your bare arms.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

OP were you convicted of a felony? And if you are innocent you should contact a attorney and appeal the conviction.

(2) Stalking is a Class A misdemeanor.

(2) Aggravated stalking is a Class E felony.

Which of the above were you convicted of?

Last edited: