Thread: Michonne for Halloween

Question Michonne for Halloween

I'm new to this forum and also new to wanting to openly carry a weapon. I live in Jax Florida and was wondering if I can openly carry a 3 foot decorative sword on my back? I am going out dressed as Michonne from the Walking Dead for Halloween and Michonne isn't Michonne without a blade. Can anyone here help me to clarify some laws that may prohibit me from doing this? The blade is dull btw but I don't think the police really care about that or do they?
    Last edited by vonniec; 10-30-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vonniec View Post
    I'm new to this forum and also new to wanting to openly carry a weapon. I live in Jax Florida and was wondering if I can openly carry a 3 foot decorative sword on my back? I am going out dressed as Michonne from the Walking Dead for Halloween and Michonne isn't Michonne without a blade. Can anyone here help me to clarify some laws that may prohibit me from doing this? The blade is dull btw but I don't think the police really care about that or do they?
    There is no statute prohibiting the open carry of a sword. Local ordinances may prohibit it, but I'm unaware of any in Jax.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Banned
    Welcome to the forum ; but the forum is not here to support open carry of swords for Halloween purposes.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Welcome to the forum ; but the forum is not here to support open carry of swords for Halloween purposes.
    It is however a state specific question pertaining to RKBA.

See no problem unless the promotion and defense of carrying swords takes on a life of its own - then such would fall outside the parameter of OCDO.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-30-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.