Thread: 3 robbed at gunpoint after N.C. state fair declares gun-free zone

3 robbed at gunpoint after N.C. state fair declares gun-free zone

Three people were reportedly robbed at gunpoint Saturday leaving the North Carolina State Fair after a judge ruled earlier this month that concealed weapons would not be permitted at the event.

Wake County Superior Court judge Donald Stephens decided more than two weeks ago that it would be “unwise and imprudent” to allow concealed weapons at the state fair this year. The controversial decision received fierce backlash from Second Amendment supporters who argued the ruling was illegal,

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...air-declares-/

An open letter to Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler and Governor McCrory

Grass Roots NC October 29, 2014
    More than 30,000 readers read our posts about the Commissioner of Agriculture, with the support of the Governor prohibiting legal permit holders from exercising their right to carry concealed firearms at the State Fair this year. We know many people, including our own family, who chose not to go to the Fair this year because of this absurd violation of our Second Amendment rights.

http://www.beaufortobserver.net/Arti...r-McCrory.html

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...Jf58ObKtRL6vVM
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

How could this possibly have happened when guns weren't allowed? Fake story. Does not compute.

When will these complete idiots learn.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    AT least they were just reportedly robbed and not actually robbed ... I was a carrier being the victim, I'd be at the judge's house asking him to pay me back my money.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Wake County Superior Court judge Donald Stephens decided more than two weeks ago that it would be “unwise and imprudent” to allow concealed weapons at the state fair this year. The controversial decision received fierce backlash from Second Amendment supporters who argued the ruling was illegal,.......

Well this is confusing. Handgunlaw seems to contradict itself

§ 160A-189. Firearms. A city may by ordinance regulate, restrict, or prohibit the discharge of firearms at
    any time or place within the city except when used in defense of person or property or pursuant to lawful
    directions of law-enforcement officers, and may regulate the display of firearms on the streets, sidewalks,
    alleys, or other public property. Nothing in this section shall be construed to limit a city's authority to take
    action under Article 1A of Chapter 166A of the General Statutes. (1971, c. 698, s. 1; 2012-12, s. 2(zz).)

then it says....

The state preempts all firearm laws in the state and local authorities can’t have Laws/Ordinances except for
    those expressly given to them by the legislature. § 14-409.40 & §14-415.23 as listed in the “Preemption
    Section” state places local governments can make off limits. Remember that if you enter any property and
    the owner/responsible person ask you to leave you must leave. Failure to leave can result in Trespass
    Charges. The Minimum age for Open Carry is 18.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Well this is confusing. Handgunlaw seems to contradict itself....
    The issue is CC related. Last year NC did a another revision of gun laws; partly to clean up some things from the year before. NC claims pre-emption in the field of concealed handguns, except for the exceptions given through 160-189. The exemption allows municipalities, etc., to regulate firearms in/on property belonging to them with the exception of parks and outdoor recreation areas. The state laid out the rules for CC in those areas.

The NC state fair is held on grounds belonging to the state, not to any municipal entity. By the wording of the laws, the state fair grounds are not one of the specific places the state prohibits firearms. The law also denies all subordinate segments of the government the authority to regulate firearms beyond what is in Chapter 14.

GRNC's contention is that Secretary Troxler had no authority to ban CC'd firearms. The judge did not actually rule that Troxler was correct, rather he refused to issue an injunction against the ban.

Handgunlaw is extremely helpful, but does not necessarily reflect the actual law.

rightwinglibertarian

A city may by ordinance:

regulate, .the discharge of firearms at any time or place within the city or place within the city except when used in defense of person or property ...

restrict, the discharge of firearms at any time or place within the city or place within the city except when used in defense of person or property...

or prohibit the discharge of firearms at any time or place within the city or place within the city except when used in defense of person or property...

does that clarify any type of confusion factor you were experiencing?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I choose not to spend my money in a place I wasn't wanted...they most likely wont miss it and I will enjoy having it....win/win...