Thread: The invisible global army hot on the trail of trolls

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

The invisible global army hot on the trail of trolls

From a sunlit room in a small village in Devon, a 65-year-old woman is watching you. Patrolling the internet, she admonishes cyberbullies, trolls and spammers. Jennifer Paine is an online moderator for Emoderation, a company that manages social media for companies in sectors ranging from banks to children’s online games, from HSBC to Moshi Monsters. Described as the “granny of community moderation”, her first foray into the industry was as far back as 1997, when she managed chat rooms and forums in the dark days of dial-up. [ ... ] Like beauty, a troll is in the eye of the beholder. Susanne Kendler, a 40-year-old Austrian who lives in London and works for Emoderation, is keen that people do not misuse the term. “If you comment on a news story forcefully and someone doesn’t agree with you, calls you a troll and reports your comments, that does not make you a troll.”
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Secret Bunker
    Maybe she can help out in the Michigan sub forum?
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

North Chesterfield VA
    Is it possible that I have an as yet unknown but deep seated desire to be admonished?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"