Thread: MTV politicks. Guns Will Be On Ballots This Tuesday. 3 measures on guns across US.

MTV politicks. Guns Will Be On Ballots This Tuesday. 3 measures on guns across US.

here are some facts about guns you should consider:

1. Every day, 33 Americans are murdered and 53 people kill themselves with guns.

2. According to Armed Campuses, colleges in Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Mississippi, Oregon, Utah and Wisconsin allow the carrying of firearms on their premises, including concealed weapons in three of those states. Lawmakers in 14 other states have introduced bills this year that would allow permit concealed carry on campuses.

3. The U.S. has more guns and gun deaths than any other developed country in the world, with 88 guns per 100 people and 10 gun-related deaths per 100,000 people, more than any of the 27 other developed countries, according to a 2013 study by two New York cardiologists.

If you care about these issues and you live in these states, you should get out and vote next Tuesday.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1978080/guns...-election-day/

Note, in the final sentence, issues BUT NOT facts
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

And lol at this

3. The U.S. has more guns and gun deaths than any other developed country in the world, with 88 guns per 100 people and 10 gun-related deaths per 100,000 people, more than any of the 27 other developed countries, according to a 2013 study by two New York cardiologists. They have a live link in that sentence that goes here http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...y-study-finds/

That study doesn't have any countries from Central or South America for some reason. Talk about a flawed study. They have to use the term "developed" to get to their means.
    Last edited by wizzi01; 10-31-2014 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    And lol at this

3. The U.S. has more guns and gun deaths than any other developed country in the world, with 88 guns per 100 people and 10 gun-related deaths per 100,000 people, more than any of the 27 other developed countries, according to a 2013 study by two New York cardiologists. They have a live link in that sentence that goes here http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...y-study-finds/

That study doesn't have any countries from Central or South America for some reason. Talk about a flawed study. They have to use the term "developed" to get to their means.
    So the 88 guns per 100 people scales to 88,000 guns per 100,000 people. And there are TEN 'gun related' deaths per 100,000. Or 87,990 guns per 100,000 people weren't used to kill anyone.

And I wouldn't be surprised if these 'studies' group lawful self defense in with unlawful murders by CRIMINALS to inflate the numbers.
    Last edited by 357SigFan; 10-31-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 357SigFan View Post
    ...And I wouldn't be surprised if these 'studies' group lawful self defense in with unlawful murders by CRIMINALS to inflate the numbers.
    And it would include cops shooting people, too, right? At least half of those are bad guys!
    Last edited by MAC702; 10-31-2014 at 07:39 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    And it would include cops shooting people, too, right? At least half of those are bad guys!
    Let's not go there. My only point being these loons will do anything to try to boost their numbers, including lumping 'gun related deaths' that were the result of LAWFUL SELF DEFENSE in with CRIMINAL MURDER. They MIGHT exclude LEO shooting related deaths (I'm not saying good cop/justified or bad cop/unjustified - just LEO related), but I doubt it.

Until the invention of the firearm there were NO gun deaths. I guess that means until the firearm was invented people did not die...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Until the invention of the firearm there were NO gun deaths. I guess that means until the firearm was invented people did not die...
    That's the other thing these loons fail to understand or admit (not really sure which) - even if we could un-invent guns (forget banning them - even if they were banned, they would still exist and criminals would still get them, thus there would still be 'gun deaths' - probably more), those that intend to kill or do harm would still do so through other means. There is no limit to what could be used to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    And lol at this

3. The U.S. has more guns and gun deaths than any other developed country in the world...
    This is patently false.

Furthermore, by mentioning "gun deaths" while ignoring the issue of death by other means or violent crime in general, it's severely misleading. The U.K., for example, has hardly any deaths due to firearms, but they still have a fair amount of murder in their country, and their violent crime rate is two and a half times greater than our own. Didn't use to be. Back when gun ownership was still allowed in the U.K., their violent crime rate was similar to our own.

...according to a 2013 study by two New York cardiologists
    They must have been the same knuckleheads where Piers Morgan was getting his insanely misleading "facts."

Talk about a flawed study.
    Indeed!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.