Thread: Keeping the Maps subsection of OpenCarry.org up to date

Keeping the Maps subsection of OpenCarry.org up to date

The Maps subsection of the OCDO website is a tremendous resource. People can get a good idea of what they can and can't do at a glance. I find it particularly useful because I travel across state lines on a weekly basis for my job (open carrying wherever possible, of course). As such, I think it's important to keep the maps up to date.

I'm not sure who to contact with an update/correction to the maps, so I'm posting here. Maybe the mods can take care of it?

Anyway, for now, I have a correction to the "Travel" map. As of July 1, 2014, the state of Tennessee has no restrictions on unlicensed carry of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle. This was established by Senate bill 1774, which amended Tennessee code 39-17-1307, subsection (e). See cjohnson44546's post here.

I'll post here again if I think of any other corrections.

Another thing... I actually made a map for my own use that shows which states give posted "NO GUNS" signs the force of law (making ignoring an anti-gun sign a crime). The info is taken from handgunlaw.us and is NOT my original research. I'll post it here just in case anybody else finds it useful.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nogunsigns.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	12183

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The map pages are in the process of being revised - a work in progress.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.