• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Keeping the Maps subsection of OpenCarry.org up to date

TexasOC

The Maps subsection of the OCDO website is a tremendous resource. People can get a good idea of what they can and can't do at a glance. I find it particularly useful because I travel across state lines on a weekly basis for my job (open carrying wherever possible, of course). As such, I think it's important to keep the maps up to date.

I'm not sure who to contact with an update/correction to the maps, so I'm posting here. Maybe the mods can take care of it?

Anyway, for now, I have a correction to the "Travel" map. As of July 1, 2014, the state of Tennessee has no restrictions on unlicensed carry of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle. This was established by Senate bill 1774, which amended Tennessee code 39-17-1307, subsection (e). See cjohnson44546's post here.

I'll post here again if I think of any other corrections.

TexasOC

Another thing... I actually made a map for my own use that shows which states give posted "NO GUNS" signs the force of law (making ignoring an anti-gun sign a crime). The info is taken from handgunlaw.us and is NOT my original research. I'll post it here just in case anybody else finds it useful.

nogunsigns.jpg