• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man picked wrong elderly couple to rob in Texas

willy1094

http://gunssavelives.net/self-defen...-shoots-and-kills-man-who-assaulted-his-wife/
Around 7:20 p.m. on Oct. 28, police were called to the Aldi Grocery Store at 3128 Forest Lane. While a husband and wife were leaving the store, a 36-year-old man approached them and grabbed a necklace off the woman’s neck.

Police say the suspect then reportedly knocked the woman to the ground and attempted to rob her. The woman’s husband pulled out his concealed handgun and fired several shots, hitting the suspect as he was trying to get away in a vehicle.

The article states that they (the writer) is not sure if the victim would be cleared under self defense. I would think you could easily argue that knocking a 71 year old to the ground COULD be life threatening. That may not always be the case and the criminal was fleeing but... I would hope that if this goes to GJ they will quickly rule no action is needed.

ETA: Admin, feel free to add that this was in TX to my title, I forgot to.

Last edited by a moderator:

twoskinsonemanns

heh heh heh the ol shoot em as the run away after assaulting your wife scenario. Well I say well done grandpa. But I'm sure someone will be along shortly to call the old man a coward.