Thread: Suspended from school for facebook photo

Suspended from school for facebook photo

http://gunssavelives.net/anti-gun-hy...d-on-facebook/

Not sure if you saw this.
    Two students, a male and female who are boyfriend and girlfriend have been suspended from their high school after they posted a photo of themselves [on facebook] holding AIRSOFT guns, in the boy’s home.
    I wonder if the picture being titled "Home Coming" was the only reason the school took action. I think the school should have taken notice and investigated. The suspension after it was discovered that no harm was intended is crazy.
    Last edited by willy1094; 11-01-2014 at 01:48 PM.

I would expect nothing less in places where the liberals have evicted the US Constitution from the state.

My grandson, 11 years old, 6th grade, had to do a book report on PowerPoint. The book was about a Vietnam sniper. As part of his presentation he had a picture of the sniper rifle the guy used, and gave some basic information about the gun. This was projected in front of a classroom full of 6th graders, and talked about.

The reaction from the teacher?

He got an "A" for his book report and presentation

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    I would expect nothing less in places where the liberals have evicted the US Constitution from the state.

My grandson, 11 years old, 6th grade, had to do a book report on PowerPoint. The book was about a Vietnam sniper. As part of his presentation he had a picture of the sniper rifle the guy used, and gave some basic information about the gun. This was projected in front of a classroom full of 6th graders, and talked about.

The reaction from the teacher?

He got an "A" for his book report and presentation
    Scary thing is that in this hysteria, that could have gone the other (bad) way also.
    Last edited by willy1094; 11-01-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    Scary thing is that in this hysteria, that could have gone the other (bad) way also.
    They would not have had a leg to stand on, the book came from the school library.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willy1094 View Post
    http://gunssavelives.net/anti-gun-hy...d-on-facebook/

Not sure if you saw this.

I wonder if the picture being titled "Home Coming" was the only reason the school took action. I think the school should have taken notice and investigated. The suspension after it was discovered that no harm was intended is crazy.
    I think the emphasis on them being airsoft guns should be clarified. The only reason it matters is because it exposes additional ignorance in the knee jerk reaction to the photo. If they were real firearms there would still be nothing wrong with the photo.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Good for them. Zero tolerance keeps us safe one again.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    And then they got a parking ticket !

Freak Boston !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And then they got a parking ticket !

Freak Boston !

Boston is a great town. Lots of like-minded folks, you just don't hear from them.

Quote Originally Posted by 325rto View Post
    Boston is a great town. Lots of like-minded folks, you just don't hear from them.
    They have less of a division between OC and CC. If you want to see what they are like, check out where they seem to hang out. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/content/

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    They have less of a division between OC and CC. If you want to see what they are like, check out where they seem to hang out. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/content/

stay safe.

Thanks for the link.

It really does not matter the claimed justification, as with cop safety, all rights are tossed out the window until after the threat, real or imagined, has passed. The verbalizing of the justification alone is all ya need to know...school says threat it must be true. So say the courts.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare