Thread: Columbus Businesses That DO NOT Allow OC

Columbus Businesses That DO NOT Allow OC

Good evening,

My name is Zach and I just joined the forum. I recently turned 21 and make the exciting purchase of a Glock 23 Gen 4. I plan on exercising my 2nd amendment right by OC here in the buckeye state. I was wondering if anyone on the forum knew of any local businesses that DO NOT allow OC. Any and all information and experiences are appreciated.
    Last edited by philly; 11-03-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Simply OC, presume if there is no sign on the door then it is okay.

Don't make a big deal out of it - just go about your business. That is how we further the word that everyday good guys carry guns and are no threat to anyone else.......unless/until we are threatened with or set upon with violence........that being the last thing we want.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

www.friendorfoe.us
    And be sure to update it as you come across good or bad businesses.

But Grapeshot is right (as usual) - don't ask permission, and if someone tries to run you out, don't argue. Leave, disarm, come back to discuss the law with the manager of that business. Take names, complain to corporate (esp. if it's a national company which supports LACs).
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Westerville, Ohio has an Ordinance making it a crime of USING WEAPONS WHILE INTOXICATED. It's just a warning.

Lets see, your 21 and you write complete sentences, capitalizing the first word and using punctuation. Your off to a good start.

Now, we have to sit down and talk about you buying a Glock. I think Westerville has an Ordinance in regards to that.

Anyway, welcome.

Color of Law wrote......Now, we have to sit down and talk about you buying a Glock. I think Westerville has an Ordinance in regards to that.

If they don't have an Ord. .......they should!

Man are they uuuugly...just not as pretty as my 1911 and XDm!

I've got a Glock and I never, never, EVER tell anyone.........uh........crrrap, I forgot, this is a national forum.......now everybody knows!

Dick's Sporting Goods at Polaris doesn't allow Open Carrying
    Go figure,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Westerville, Ohio has an Ordinance making it a crime of USING WEAPONS WHILE INTOXICATED. It's just a warning.

Lets Let's see, your you're 21 and you write complete sentences, capitalizing the first word and using punctuation. Your You're off to a good start.

Now, we have to sit down and talk about you buying a Glock. I think Westerville has an Ordinance in regards to that.

Anyway, welcome.
    Color of Law writes in complete sentences too, but spelling... not so much.

He has other redeeming qualities, though, I think.

Welcome, OP.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Google android voice recognition does not deal with contractions very well. Their and there usage is a toss-up as to what you are going to get.

And the size of the print on my android and iPhone with glasses is still questionable as to what I see.

By the way, this was typed on my laptop.

Thank you all for the input. I purchased a Glock because it is accurate, simple, and reliable. I will be acquiring other weapon systems in the future

Sexy black gun!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Sexy black gun!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    I do not discriminate, equal opportunity for all......with emphasis on opportunity. Each candidate must sell me on how their attributes will benefit me and my style.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck! View Post
    Dick's Sporting Goods at Polaris doesn't allow Open Carrying
    Go figure,,,,
    They've never turned me away. Been to that store many times, and got nothing but smiles and compliments from the managers on duty. I suspect this may need to be looked into.

If Dick's has changed their policy, we always have Cabela's which is nearly ecstatic to see open carriers. Get asked all the time by the employees what model I'm carrying, have pleasant conversations, etc.
    I'm what Willis was talking about.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfJefferson View Post
    They've never turned me away. Been to that store many times, and got nothing but smiles and compliments from the managers on duty. I suspect this may need to be looked into.

If Dick's has changed their policy, we always have Cabela's which is nearly ecstatic to see open carriers. Get asked all the time by the employees what model I'm carrying, have pleasant conversations, etc.
    That's good to hear. I was up at the Cabela's near Polaris last year with my sidearm carried openly and my wife perceived a couple employees getting squirrelly about my openly carried gun. Nothing came of it after one of them ran off to ask their manager about it, but it's good to hear that it is considered normal.

Have a smartphone? be sure to add your OC experiences to the 2AFriendly master list. Lot of users in Ohio:
    http://2afriendly.com/2afriendly-bus...ating=#results
    Unfriendly | Neutral | Friendly | OC Friendly

Rate the places you carry according to their 2A friendliness. Online or with free apps for iPhone and Android.

Proud sponsor of OpenCarry.org