• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Columbus Businesses That DO NOT Allow OC

philly

Good evening,

My name is Zach and I just joined the forum. I recently turned 21 and make the exciting purchase of a Glock 23 Gen 4. I plan on exercising my 2nd amendment right by OC here in the buckeye state. I was wondering if anyone on the forum knew of any local businesses that DO NOT allow OC. Any and all information and experiences are appreciated.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Simply OC, presume if there is no sign on the door then it is okay.

Don't make a big deal out of it - just go about your business. That is how we further the word that everyday good guys carry guns and are no threat to anyone else.......unless/until we are threatened with or set upon with violence........that being the last thing we want.

MKEgal

www.friendorfoe.us
And be sure to update it as you come across good or bad businesses.

But Grapeshot is right (as usual) - don't ask permission, and if someone tries to run you out, don't argue. Leave, disarm, come back to discuss the law with the manager of that business. Take names, complain to corporate (esp. if it's a national company which supports LACs).

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Westerville, Ohio has an Ordinance making it a crime of USING WEAPONS WHILE INTOXICATED. It's just a warning.

Lets see, your 21 and you write complete sentences, capitalizing the first word and using punctuation. Your off to a good start.

Now, we have to sit down and talk about you buying a Glock. I think Westerville has an Ordinance in regards to that.

Anyway, welcome.

3FULLMAGS+1

Color of Law wrote......Now, we have to sit down and talk about you buying a Glock. I think Westerville has an Ordinance in regards to that.

If they don't have an Ord. .......they should!

Man are they uuuugly...just not as pretty as my 1911 and XDm!

I've got a Glock and I never, never, EVER tell anyone.........uh........crrrap, I forgot, this is a national forum.......now everybody knows!:banghead:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Westerville, Ohio has an Ordinance making it a crime of USING WEAPONS WHILE INTOXICATED. It's just a warning.

Lets Let's see, your you're 21 and you write complete sentences, capitalizing the first word and using punctuation. Your You're off to a good start.

Now, we have to sit down and talk about you buying a Glock. I think Westerville has an Ordinance in regards to that.

Anyway, welcome.
Color of Law writes in complete sentences too, but spelling... not so much.

He has other redeeming qualities, though, I think. ;)

Welcome, OP.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Google android voice recognition does not deal with contractions very well. Their and there usage is a toss-up as to what you are going to get.

And the size of the print on my android and iPhone with glasses is still questionable as to what I see.

By the way, this was typed on my laptop.

philly

Thank you all for the input. I purchased a Glock because it is accurate, simple, and reliable. I will be acquiring other weapon systems in the future :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sexy black gun!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I do not discriminate, equal opportunity for all......with emphasis on opportunity. Each candidate must sell me on how their attributes will benefit me and my style. :)

GhostOfJefferson

Dick's Sporting Goods at Polaris doesn't allow Open Carrying
Go figure,,,,

They've never turned me away. Been to that store many times, and got nothing but smiles and compliments from the managers on duty. I suspect this may need to be looked into.

If Dick's has changed their policy, we always have Cabela's which is nearly ecstatic to see open carriers. Get asked all the time by the employees what model I'm carrying, have pleasant conversations, etc.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
They've never turned me away. Been to that store many times, and got nothing but smiles and compliments from the managers on duty. I suspect this may need to be looked into.

If Dick's has changed their policy, we always have Cabela's which is nearly ecstatic to see open carriers. Get asked all the time by the employees what model I'm carrying, have pleasant conversations, etc.

That's good to hear. I was up at the Cabela's near Polaris last year with my sidearm carried openly and my wife perceived a couple employees getting squirrelly about my openly carried gun. Nothing came of it after one of them ran off to ask their manager about it, but it's good to hear that it is considered normal.