Thread: A referendum on the two-party system, the mid-term elections. Armstrong Williams, TWT

A referendum on the two-party system, the mid-term elections. Armstrong Williams, TWT

[... More. My emphasis.]

Perhaps the biggest “take-home” among all these competing priorities and shifting sentiments is that the two-party system is an imperfect mechanism for governing in an environment that demands more political nuance than usual. Voters have not been able to get enough of what they want from either party without getting too much of what they don’t want from both.

There are too few alternatives outside the two-party system for both expressing voter concerns and making a difference in policy outcomes. The party that wins is usually too mortgaged to special interests and too saddled with the power dynamics to pay attention to its base. And the party in the minority is generally too focused and ideologically closed to garner a governing coalition.

If this is not the very definition of a madhouse straitjacket, I don’t know what is.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ons-a-referen/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Good article. Being chained to the two party system takes away all control from the people... which I guess is the way they prefer it.
    Which ever side you are on (Rs and Ds both) vomit lies into the people's face and when they are elected they serve only those special interest to whom they are indebted to.
    The only reason I will be at the polls Tuesday is because there is another option. These are the folks I will be voting for and also the shirt I will be wearing to the polls.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Good article. Being chained to the two party system takes away all control from the people... which I guess is the way they prefer it.
    Which ever side you are on (Rs and Ds both) vomit lies into the people's face and when they are elected they serve only those special interest to whom they are indebted to.
    The only reason I will be at the polls Tuesday is because there is another option. These are the folks I will be voting for and also the shirt I will be wearing to the polls.
    reveal a government out of control, treating Americans as conquered subjects, to be regulated, suppressed, cowed.

http://www.johnbuckley.org/privacy_civil_liberties

He knows too much ...

There is not a spit of difference among the progressives, the democrats, the republicans, the libertarians; all progressives suffer the political diarrhea unrestrained to make-things-better while we suffer the consequences.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    There is not a spit of difference among the progressives, the democrats, the republicans, the libertarians; all progressives suffer the political diarrhea unrestrained to make-things-better while we suffer the consequences.
    I have yet to have an elected Libertarian let me down, though the opportunities to do so have been nearly non existent. So I will continue to support them based on their promises until proven otherwise. The Rs and Ds have proven themselves beyond any doubt IMO.

The Libertarians say all the right things AFAIAC. I'd like to see them get a chance to succeed or fail.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand