Thread: No fly zone in MO meant to keep press out of area

Banned

No fly zone in MO meant to keep press out of area

acknowledged the purpose was to keep away news helicopters during violent street protests.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

--Moderator edited--
    Blanket, gratuitous remarks, condemning all as a group are not allowed.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 11-02-2014 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Rule violation

How much smaller or non-existent would the protests been if there had been no wall of media cameras to act the fool in front of?

seems pretty unconstitutional to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    acknowledged the purpose was to keep away news helicopters during violent street protests.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

--Moderator edited--
    Blanket, gratuitous remarks, condemning all as a group are not allowed.
    Limiting the BS to the St. Louis County PD would be OK?

The conversations contradict claims by the St. Louis County Police Department, which responded to demonstrations following the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, that the restriction was solely for safety and had nothing to do with preventing media from witnessing the violence or the police response.

It may be that lying to the FAA in this matter was a felony .. so no one will pony up to this one...wall of silence .. everyone is guilty then of at least conspiracy ...
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-03-2014 at 04:01 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    How much smaller or non-existent would the protests been if there had been no wall of media cameras to act the fool in front of?
    Really, I don't think that the presence of the news media had anything significant to do in this case.

Really, I don't think that the presence of the news media had anything significant to do in this case.
    So Reverend Al Sharpton, Reverend Jesse Jackson and numerous others went there out of the kindness of their hearts? While I would agree the media didn't have much to do with the CASE, they had EVERYTHING to do with fanning and increasing the flames of unrest.

Blaming the victims of the rights trampling instead of the aggressive, oppressive tyrants. Nice.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Not the case, but the protests were fueled by the media coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40sc View Post
    Not the case, but the protests were fueled by the media coverage.
    See post #7
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Reports of shot fired at a cop chopper. If the cops wanted the "media" out of the area there were many media folks standing in close proximity to cops, yet they were not removed/excluded from the area. Non-issue.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare