• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HellsSaints proned at gunpoint in Muskegon

stealthyeliminator

Long gun carry is off topic here. :(

They were OCing handguns. Edit: just saying.. I'd just ignore any rifles seen or discussed.. There are plenty of handguns properly holstered in the vid. Edit: and some improperly unholstered.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

But, but the thugs with the improperly upholstered weapons were all dressed in blue, with goofy shiny things pinned to their chests....go figure? What are the odds?

/off sarcasm. ;)

Tucker6900

Also unfortunate is how most of the OCDO community stills supports this site even after realizing that it doesnt fully support their rights.

Long guns or pistols, those police officers broke the law. And why is it illegal for us to point guns at officers that are actually breaking the law but when they point them at us when we are NOT breaking the law its ok?

The Truth

Also unfortunate is how most of the OCDO community stills supports this site even after realizing that it doesnt fully support their rights.

Long guns or pistols, those police officers broke the law. And why is it illegal for us to point guns at officers that are actually breaking the law but when they point them at us when we are NOT breaking the law its ok?

You want a real answer or a BS answer? They are both one in the same.

Baked on Grease

The subject of note isn't LGOC, it's the behavior and acts of the cops. Just because Long Guns happened to be involved in some manner doesn't automatically mean the entire event is off limits to talk about here.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

I primarily wanted to know what you all think the likelihood of them winning lawsuits is. I would think very high, especially given the officers' statements.

WalkingWolf

I primarily wanted to know what you all think the likelihood of them winning lawsuits is. I would think very high, especially given the officers' statements.

Anymore lawsuits on this line are usually settled not won or lost. I guess it would be a win for the person with a larger bank account, and a loss for the tax payer. As for the officers it will likely not affect them in the least.

Michigander

Justice is criminal use of firearms being punished with prison time. Justice will not be getting served.

As a best case scenario I could reasonably see, there could be an out of court settlement for 4 figures each, probably barely covering lawyer fees. In the mean time we have another legal battle in progress.

Sure, if one of you guys can hook us up with a wickedly good 1983 lawyer who is sympathetic and eager to work pro bono, I think we'd do it. But even still, in that stunningly unlikely situation, the best case scenario outcome still sucks.

My preference is to return in greater numbers, and that is what we plan to do.

Last edited:

The Truth

I'm only 6 minutes in and my stress level is rising pretty fast. I would not have been as courteous or submissive. I would love to join you on one of these walks. I wish I lived closer.

Tucker6900

Winning money? Very likely. Criminal conviction against the officers? More than likely not. We need a criminal conviction. Not a settlement. General settlements include not holding officers liable for their crimes. And that tells me they know what they did, and use the human weakness for large sums of money to make it go away. And until we get a criminal conviction for these actions, it will continue. But, the only way to do that is getting a prosecutor to actually prosecute, getting a jury with balls, and a judge to hand down a harsh sentence.

Or...

A police officer to stand up and tell the public that what they are doing is wrong. Like this. In Mr. Buehler's case, the judge has allowed the officers to be held personally liable for their actions.

And it shouldn't matter the offense. If you are a police officer, the only higher standard that you should be held to is upholding the law. And as such, I believe the punishment should be severe for breaking it. The system is backwards. As said in the video, if we would have drawn our weapons on someone who is possibly committing a crime, we would be in jail.

Last edited:

The Truth

This only proves my initial thoughts that the Sergeant was brought in at the end not as a supervisor to the cops, but as a MANAGER for the victims of police brutality. This is why while I realize why you guys chat with them, and I'm sure nerves were shot so that didn't help, and the natural reaction when someone is fearful is to communicate that fear to a perceived reasonable person, I would not have chatted so much with these cops. Statutory law, case law, or call your attorney. Those are the options. Otherwise shut up. No need to go into any more detail, unless you are asked to explain statutory law or case law.

The Sergeant did a great job diffusing you guys' anger. That's about it. You guys better sue the you know what out of this department and make sure these idiots get their proper education.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This only proves my initial thoughts that the Sergeant was brought in at the end not as a supervisor to the cops, but as a MANAGER for the victims of police brutality. This is why while I realize why you guys chat with them, and I'm sure nerves were shot so that didn't help, and the natural reaction when someone is fearful is to communicate that fear to a perceived reasonable person, I would not have chatted so much with these cops. Statutory law, case law, or call your attorney. Those are the options. Otherwise shut up. No need to go into any more detail, unless you are asked to explain statutory law or case law.

The Sergeant did a great job diffusing you guys' anger. That's about it. You guys better sue the you know what out of this department and make sure these idiots get their proper education.
We are often told do NOT hold court on the street.

Our own USER, Dan Hawes, says it better = KYBMS = keep your big mouth shut! He is serious too - anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law........even that conversation you had about the law with that nice Sgt.

Am I being detained? I do not consent to any searches and I invoke my right to be silent. Am I free to go?

Leave as soon as you are allowed. Either way call your attorney at the earliest opportunity. Hopefully you have had a recorder running.

WalkingWolf

The best way to get you to stay is to get your ID. The best way to avoid this is carry sterile, unless it is required in your state. I was shocked that one of the carriers was telling people to get a permit because it would make it easier with police confrontations. Horse hockey puck!

If you want a permit, then get one~~but if you don't have to have it to OC, don't carry it. Then you are not lying to police when you tell them you do not have one on your person.

stealthyeliminator

The best way to get you to stay is to get your ID. The best way to avoid this is carry sterile, unless it is required in your state. I was shocked that one of the carriers was telling people to get a permit because it would make it easier with police confrontations. Horse hockey puck!

If you want a permit, then get one~~but if you don't have to have it to OC, don't carry it. Then you are not lying to police when you tell them you do not have one on your person.

I agree 100%

Also to clarify, though I'd certainly carry with the folks in the vid, I was not there.

I personally favored the guy with the camera, he talked the least it seemed like, didn't give ID, and repeated his desire to leave throughout the stop