• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HellsSaints proned at gunpoint in Muskegon

Michigander

Telling someone that you don't know in this state that they should start carrying openly without a cpl is dangerous. Carry openly under a cpl without your ID? Sure. But not a smart move for the average person to carry here without a license, too easy to accidentally violate laws.

The Truth

Telling someone that you don't know in this state that they should start carrying openly without a cpl is dangerous. Carry openly under a cpl without your ID? Sure. But not a smart move for the average person to carry here without a license, too easy to accidentally violate laws.

Which laws?

Or do you mean, "piss off the police?"

Michigander

Which laws?

Or do you mean, "piss off the police?"

The laws which make it a crime to carry in a bunch of circumstances without a cpl.

Worth it maybe for a devoted activist, and I'd encourage it. Not so for the average person with less than extreme interest in the subject.

wizzi01

To add to this any place that sells alcohol (Walmart, Meijer,etc.) even the parking lot is off limits if you are open carrying with no cpl.

Plan B

Banned
Also unfortunate is how most of the OCDO community stills supports this site even after realizing that it doesnt fully support their rights.

Long guns or pistols, those police officers broke the law. And why is it illegal for us to point guns at officers that are actually breaking the law but when they point them at us when we are NOT breaking the law its ok?

They were OCing handguns. Edit: just saying.. I'd just ignore any rifles seen or discussed.. There are plenty of handguns properly holstered in the vid. Edit: and some improperly unholstered.

But, but the thugs with the improperly upholstered weapons were all dressed in blue, with goofy shiny things pinned to their chests....go figure? What are the odds?

/off sarcasm. ;)

Careful guys, you cant tell the truth about law enforcement either.

Last edited:

Tucker6900

OCDO calls it police employee bashing. I call it, as I am sure a lot of others do as well, criminal actions by police employees under the color of law. I call it as I see it. These "officers of the law" were thugs, using their badges and their "I am untouchable" attitude to not only trample the rights of every victim in that video, but do it while they are threatening their lives. And then, when their supervisor showed up, his "no big deal" attitude topped it all off. A previous poster already said this, he was there to try to appease the victims into not filing a lawsuit or complaint.

The Truth

The unwritten rule is no "broad brush." If you can cite specific instances you can bash those cops all day, just not for being cops - but for breaking the law as it is related to carry. The rules are pretty simple as long as you have at least a high school level of reading comprehension.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Let me try to refine this for you.

When an individual person or singular event, whether LEO or not, commits a wrong against another (RKBA related) then the reporting of and discussion of it is acceptable here.

When collective, broad brush techniques are utilized, general conclusions made negative to certain groups, and/or negative descriptors are employed, then our rules are violated. Words like thug are a personal emotional opinion and only inflame the emotions of others - we should have better vocabularies and speak of the facts on a higher level i.e egregious actions, illegal response, proceeded w/o cause, etc.

So too, if a registrant/user routinely (developed a history) of searching for and posting a series of such incidents, they will be deemed in violation. OCDO has no intention of becoming CopWatch type forum. As much as any of you, I want the bad actors gone whether they be LEOs, legislators or user/members here.

On this forum, one will generally be given an explanation and frequently a warning when transgressions occur before other tools are utilized. There is no good reason to make yourself a target for administrative action detrimental to your ability to post here. We are all guests and should be responsibly adult enough to conduct ourselves in a manner acceptable to the wishes of John and Mike - positive public relations are most important - legislators, media, interested gun owners, antis et al read these pages.

Personally, I am of the opinion that OCDO is head and shoulders above the rest. Thanks in no small part to the great people here.
icon14.png

Last edited:

Ezerharden

You can tell the truth, you cannot fabricate opinions based upon your interpretations of what is reported. And honestly, unless you were there at any incident of this kind, you do not "know" what happened.

Raggs

You can tell the truth, you cannot fabricate opinions based upon your interpretations of what is reported. And honestly, unless you were there at any incident of this kind, you do not "know" what happened.

I think interpreting this video is not that difficult however, I think it is clear that the officers went to far, If it weren't involving the people it did perhaps one of the Michigan gun groups would actually be concerned and reach out to offer help.

OC for ME

It is simply amazing that a cop should not (cannot?) be referred to as a t**g because of his thuggish behavior, yet a citizen can be referred to as a thug because of his thuggish behavior.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is simply amazing that a cop should not (cannot?) be referred to as a t**g because of his thuggish behavior, yet a citizen can be referred to as a thug because of his thuggish behavior.
Individuals may be criticized for their behavior, but choice of words is important - no reason to call someone a th*g, A-h*l, b*itch, d*ick when a simple "unacceptable" or "egregious conduct" describes it quite well.

Categorizing or demonizing a group as such a manner is the biggest problem.

Raggs

Individuals may be criticized for their behavior, but choice of words is important - no reason to call someone a th*g, A-h*l, b*itch, d*ick when a simple "unacceptable" or "egregious conduct" describes it quite well.

So in this case the police acted like things would be acceptable and The police are thugs would be unacceptable.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

So in this case the police acted like things would be acceptable and The police are thugs would be unacceptable.
Said categorizing a group was the biggest problem, not the only problem.

Re read the first sentence above. IMO too many people avoid the high road and we are thereby less effective.