Thread: Episcopal Church in Michigan passes gun resolution

Episcopal Church in Michigan passes gun resolution

The Episcopal Church in Michigan has passed a controversial resolution calling for stiffer gun control, drawing sharp criticism from conservative members who say it violates the right to bear arms. The dispute is part of a larger debate among Episcopalians and other mainline Protestants about the future of their churches as they face sharp declines in membership. Some conservatives say the gun resolution is the latest example of the Episcopal Church focusing on promoting liberal social issues such as gun control and same-sex marriage instead of the gospel, alienating congregants. But liberals say that their views are in line with the teachings of Christianity.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...tion/18382335/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

It's perfectly normal thing to them. They are wrong of course, the firearms are not the issue, the state of the soul behind it is...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kind of like saying a hammer is evil, therefore anyone who carries one (like a carpenter for example) has ill intent. Jesus was a carpenter, was he not? How many people did he bludgeon to death with a hammer? ZERO! It is not the tool that makes for a act of evil.

It's the intent of the operator of said tool. Evil people will always find a way to hurt others. When good people make themselves even easier targets by refusing to carry the tools needed for defense, evil people take great joy! Sad times indeed.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

I have read several "papers" put out by the Episcopals, they could easily have been chapters straight out of Das Kapital.

Combine that with their sanctuary policies and general lefty social activism, even if I believed in mythology I wouldn't go anywhere near them, I'd rather be a Jehovah's Witness than an Episcopal.
    Last edited by F350; 11-03-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Banned
    Jesus is disappointed in them ... he understood the RKBA

Banned
    That is no church. Jesus Christ directed his followers to carry the sidearm of the day until His return.