Thread: Down to it: This one is for all the marbles

Down to it: This one is for all the marbles

Nation will learn Tuesday if billionaires can buy elections

The nation will be watching Washington State tomorrow to see whether billionaires can buy elections and establish a new strategy to erode the privacy rights of gun owners – at least in the eyes of Second Amendment activists – while the mood of Evergreen State activists can best be seen in reactions to a weekend letter that appeared in the Seattle Times.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nati...-buy-elections

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post

The nation will be watching Washington State tomorrow to see whether billionaires can buy elections and establish a new strategy to erode the privacy rights of gun owners – at least in the eyes of Second Amendment activists – while the mood of Evergreen State activists can best be seen in reactions to a weekend letter that appeared in the Seattle Times.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nati...-buy-elections
    Not sure I would call it buying, though it probably didn't hurt their dream. I may be mistaken but isn't Washington typically a blue state? I doubt in a red state that any amount of money would buy them the results they crave.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Not sure I would call it buying, though it probably didn't hurt their dream. I may be mistaken but isn't Washington typically a blue state? I doubt in a red state that any amount of money would buy them the results they crave.
    Sadly - we are going to find out in AZ! They/he (Bloomberg) are already pumping money by the truck loads into AZ. We are at the top of his hit list for the 2016 ballot. 60% of the population lives in the greater Phoenix area, another 20% in the greater Tucson area. Both have heavy areas of liberal minded voters. IF they manage to topple AZ the rest of the state legislatures will most likely buckle to the tidal wave of money this dirt bag is hosing them down with.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

On a side note - we need to be very careful about using words from their play book. My guns have no rights! I do however! This is a freedom issue! Live free or on bent knees looking down the barrels of Primus & his buddies in blue/black complete with jackboots.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

In terms of voters, yes. WA is a blue state however if you take into account the counties, WA should be a red state. The sole reason for WA remaining a blue state is because King county has such a power house of voters that swing blue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriona View Post
    In terms of voters, yes. WA is a blue state however if you take into account the counties, WA should be a red state. The sole reason for WA remaining a blue state is because King county has such a power house of voters that swing blue.
    I see, so except for the blue portion, its a red state. Clears it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Stupid premise.

Rich and powerful people have been buying political power since the dawn of humanity.

Banned
    All The marbles ...

Say no more !

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I see, so except for the blue portion, its a red state. Clears it up.
    Washington has long been a red-diaper baby, but with a strong populist bent. Not that long ago, rural voters balanced out the "shouldn't play with matches" crowd in King county. And a lot of the city people cared for individual rights too. Now, Pierce and Snohomish counties have elements just as wobbly as Fremont, and too many slack-jawed, neck beards have been drawn moth-like to the Sodom-on-the-Sound. It's only going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I can't read the Examiner here at work because it locks up our ancient version of IE. But I did check out the Seattle times letters. At least the comments look encouraging. Despite the lack of any big organization (ahem, NRA where are you?) doing a single TV ad or mailer to tell the truth about I-594, I hope enough people see through the smoke (no pun about legalized marijuana intended) and realize that all I-594 is going to do is enable criminals in more ways than one.
    Background checks are good business for FFL's. FFL's are good business for NRA. Follow the money...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Background checks are good business for FFL's. FFL's are good business for NRA. Follow the money...
    +1

True, which is why the NRA does not get my money.
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

the IRS tax returns will tell you where the NRA gets their money. it ain't FFLs.

Dude, you and NavyLCDR are an absolute Brain Trust around here. No, I'm serious.

Um.. the FFL I use is staunchly against this bill. I talked to him and his wife at length about it a week or so ago and they were foaming at the mouth over the stupidity of this bill.

what a great 'solution' to a problem we didn't have.

we went from being one of the best states gun rights wise to being the MOST restrictive on sales/transfers overnight when this thing goes into effect.

I knew it would pass, I just didn't think it would be by a landslide.

low information voters as Rush would put it. Never-mind the huge law enforcement opposition and the straight up lies by the Yes camp to persuade the middle masses.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aa1911 View Post
    what a great 'solution' to a problem we didn't have.

we went from being one of the best states gun rights wise to being the MOST restrictive on sales/transfers overnight when this thing goes into effect.

I knew it would pass, I just didn't think it would be by a landslide.

low information voters as Rush would put it. Never-mind the huge law enforcement opposition and the straight up lies by the Yes camp to persuade the middle masses.
    for the children ... the children !!!!!!!!!

black market sales to soar I would think...unintended consequences ....
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-05-2014 at 11:15 PM.

True, which is why the NRA does not get my money.
    Agreed. I'm a NAGR Frontline Defender.

I think I shall apply for a class 3 FFL. If I get approved, I shall provide free background checks to any and all people that want one.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Night View Post
    I think I shall apply for a class 3 FFL. If I get approved, I shall provide free background checks to any and all people that want one.
    You want to be part of the "system"? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL...VKsRDH86j77Ntg

Just throw it on the ground .... lol
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-06-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    All The marbles ...

Say no more !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhwOQkWbiW8

Suuuuucks ..