• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Down to it: This one is for all the marbles

Dave Workman

Nation will learn Tuesday if billionaires can buy elections

The nation will be watching Washington State tomorrow to see whether billionaires can buy elections and establish a new strategy to erode the privacy rights of gun owners – at least in the eyes of Second Amendment activists – while the mood of Evergreen State activists can best be seen in reactions to a weekend letter that appeared in the Seattle Times.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nation-will-learn-tuesday-if-billionaires-can-buy-elections

WalkingWolf

Nation will learn Tuesday if billionaires can buy elections

The nation will be watching Washington State tomorrow to see whether billionaires can buy elections and establish a new strategy to erode the privacy rights of gun owners – at least in the eyes of Second Amendment activists – while the mood of Evergreen State activists can best be seen in reactions to a weekend letter that appeared in the Seattle Times.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nation-will-learn-tuesday-if-billionaires-can-buy-elections

Not sure I would call it buying, though it probably didn't hurt their dream. I may be mistaken but isn't Washington typically a blue state? I doubt in a red state that any amount of money would buy them the results they crave.

FreeInAZ

Not sure I would call it buying, though it probably didn't hurt their dream. I may be mistaken but isn't Washington typically a blue state? I doubt in a red state that any amount of money would buy them the results they crave.

Sadly - we are going to find out in AZ! They/he (Bloomberg) are already pumping money by the truck loads into AZ. We are at the top of his hit list for the 2016 ballot. 60% of the population lives in the greater Phoenix area, another 20% in the greater Tucson area. Both have heavy areas of liberal minded voters. :( IF they manage to topple AZ the rest of the state legislatures will most likely buckle to the tidal wave of money this dirt bag is hosing them down with.

FreeInAZ

On a side note - we need to be very careful about using words from their play book. My guns have no rights! I do however! This is a freedom issue! Live free or on bent knees looking down the barrels of Primus & his buddies in blue/black complete with jackboots. :eek:

Seriona

In terms of voters, yes. WA is a blue state however if you take into account the counties, WA should be a red state. The sole reason for WA remaining a blue state is because King county has such a power house of voters that swing blue.

davidmcbeth

Banned
In terms of voters, yes. WA is a blue state however if you take into account the counties, WA should be a red state. The sole reason for WA remaining a blue state is because King county has such a power house of voters that swing blue.

I see, so except for the blue portion, its a red state. Clears it up.

Dain Bramage

I see, so except for the blue portion, its a red state. Clears it up.

Washington has long been a red-diaper baby, but with a strong populist bent. Not that long ago, rural voters balanced out the "shouldn't play with matches" crowd in King county. And a lot of the city people cared for individual rights too. Now, Pierce and Snohomish counties have elements just as wobbly as Fremont, and too many slack-jawed, neck beards have been drawn moth-like to the Sodom-on-the-Sound. It's only going to get worse.

WalkingWolf

I can't read the Examiner here at work because it locks up our ancient version of IE. But I did check out the Seattle times letters. At least the comments look encouraging. Despite the lack of any big organization (ahem, NRA where are you?) doing a single TV ad or mailer to tell the truth about I-594, I hope enough people see through the smoke (no pun about legalized marijuana intended) and realize that all I-594 is going to do is enable criminals in more ways than one.

Background checks are good business for FFL's. FFL's are good business for NRA. Follow the money...

imalurker

Background checks are good business for FFL's. FFL's are good business for NRA. Follow the money...

Um.. the FFL I use is staunchly against this bill. I talked to him and his wife at length about it a week or so ago and they were foaming at the mouth over the stupidity of this bill.

aa1911

what a great 'solution' to a problem we didn't have.

we went from being one of the best states gun rights wise to being the MOST restrictive on sales/transfers overnight when this thing goes into effect.

I knew it would pass, I just didn't think it would be by a landslide.

low information voters as Rush would put it. Never-mind the huge law enforcement opposition and the straight up lies by the Yes camp to persuade the middle masses.

davidmcbeth

Banned
what a great 'solution' to a problem we didn't have.

we went from being one of the best states gun rights wise to being the MOST restrictive on sales/transfers overnight when this thing goes into effect.

I knew it would pass, I just didn't think it would be by a landslide.

low information voters as Rush would put it. Never-mind the huge law enforcement opposition and the straight up lies by the Yes camp to persuade the middle masses.

for the children ... the children !!!!!!!!!

black market sales to soar I would think...unintended consequences ....

Last edited: