Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart being posted against carrying firearms in Nacogdoches, TX

Wal-Mart being posted against carrying firearms in Nacogdoches, TX

http://m14forum.com/gun-rights/16883...chl-signs.html

I don't know if the poster is going to follow through with corporate or not. Anyone else in TX seen anything similar?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I haven't seen any Gun buster signs at the Walmart in Coeur d'Alene Idaho or at the Post Falls Idaho Walmart....

None in AZ that I know of.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Was just in Sanford Walmart yesterday, no signs. Probably the OP's case is some manager that got a wild hair, got a feeling that corporate will pluck that hair at some point in time.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Whether a rogue manager or lower level employee, have a feeling the corporate will jerk a knot in their tail if someone will follow through up the food chain.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I don't recall ever seeing a no guns sign at a Wal-Mart in Texas, even an invalid one, such as the one in the linked story. Sounds to me like a crazy person got hired as a manager.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 11-03-2014 at 06:25 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Didn't see any signs in Dallas on E NW Hwy this morning. Did see a Dallas cop OC, but he did not see my CC....
    Lots of 9mm & 45acp. Absolutely no 22lr in last 2 visits 2 stores in N Dallas.

Wd think a gunbuster sign would not sit well in Nacogdoches.
    Last edited by HPmatt; 11-03-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Check out this page...

http://gethuman.com/phone-number/Wal...service--2272/

Call and register a complaint; the offending manager will get a knot jerked in his/her tail ASAP.

I OCed in Walmart in Lynnwood, North of Seattle, the other day. No reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

I don't know if the poster is going to follow through with corporate or not. Anyone else in TX seen anything similar?
    here is what I have found.... http://deadbangguns.com/Articles/WalMart.html . alltho I have opened carried in mant wal marts around the nation with no probs
    Our ancesters, veterens, and people of the service gave and are giving their time and sacrifice to preserve and defend our rights . it''s up to us the people to show appreciation by not sacrificing but investing time to exercise and preserve those rights.......the bushwacker...

Founder's Club Member
    Isn't it Texas that has strict guidelines for the form and content of the sign in order for it to have the force of law?

Here's the 30.06 (ironic isnt it) chl prohibition sign for Texas property owners - this one is on the Baylor hospital entrance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by bushwacker View Post
    here is what I have found.... http://deadbangguns.com/Articles/WalMart.html . alltho I have opened carried in mant wal marts around the nation with no probs

From THIS THREAD here on OCDO
    Walmart

Policy is to follow the law of the state the store located.
    Customer Service1-800-Wal-Mart
    (1-800-925-6278) Questions regarding a Wal-Mart Store issue
    702 SW 8th Street
    Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611

Email contact link:
    http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

Audio of Walmart Policy: Walmart_Firearm_Policy_Call.mp3
    I OC with no problems in various Walmarts in Washington State.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Baylor cops are commissioned law officers - pretty sure they would enforce it w/o sign niceties and the judge would support them, unless you were his Dr...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I OC in Mo. Wally worlds. Never an issue. I see that the reply was dated 2012. A lot has changed in my part of the world in the last two years

we are 138

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    I confirmed Walmarts corporate policy only a week or so ago. I do not know if signs have the force of law in TX but if they do not I'd be tempted to OC anyway as the sign is invalid as per corporate policy and has no business being there. If confronted, show the manager evidence that he is in violation and will be reported if he continues to harass you.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    I confirmed Walmarts corporate policy only a week or so ago. I do not know if signs have the force of law in TX but if they do not I'd be tempted to OC anyway as the sign is invalid as per corporate policy and has no business being there. If confronted, show the manager evidence that he is in violation and will be reported if he continues to harass you.
    The law says that to prohibit CHL holders from carrying concealed on the property by posting a sign, the sign has to meet certain criteria, including specific wording. The sign described in that thread from 2012 would not meet the criteria as it is today.

I guess I didn't notice at first that the linked thread was so old. I think we probably need to let this one die, I don't know of it being a current issue anywhere in Texas.
    Advocate freedom please

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    The law says that to prohibit CHL holders from carrying concealed on the property by posting a sign, the sign has to meet certain criteria, including specific wording. The sign described in that thread from 2012 would not meet the criteria as it is today.

I guess I didn't notice at first that the linked thread was so old. I think we probably need to let this one die, I don't know of it being a current issue anywhere in Texas.
    perhaps. But it does beg the question, what to do when a sign violates company policy. I would suggest it would backfire badly to take action because then the rogue manager would be very exposed as he would have posted a sign he has no right to post (from the companies standpoint). Now in those states signs have the force of law is another matter. Then an LEO could arrest you and won't care about corporate policy
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    [ ... ] Then an LEO could arrest you and won't care about corporate policy
    Has nothing to do with signs. LEO can and will arrest at will with little repercussion.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Has nothing to do with signs. LEO can and will arrest at will with little repercussion.
    This is true.

On the sign issue, only thing I'd do probably is contact corporate before actually carrying there.
    Advocate freedom please

Hold your Horses.........!

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

I am in the Nacogdoches, Texas Walmart several times a week. I do not recall seeing any such signage, but I am going there tomorrow and will certainly take a look.

Even IF it exists...it is NOT legally binding under Texas law unless it is the PROPER 30.06 sign (meeting all requirements).

I will report back here either confirming or dispelling the claim.

Flint.
    Spartans ask not.... how many, but where?

12/10/2014

Update: The Nacogdoches Walmart is NOT posted (30.06), quite the opposite in fact. It does have the gratuitous signage required by the TABC for non-51%/ retail alcoholic beverage sellers. This has no effect on those with a valid CHL. Basically it serves as warning to those carrying any weapon illegally that.....well....its ILLEGAL! Good grief.....

https://www.tabc.state.tx.us/publica...es/weapons.pdf
    Spartans ask not.... how many, but where?

I just carried last night in the Logan Utah one no problems. I OC in there all the time.

There are definitely no issues with Wal-Mart corporate right now. There's is a gentleman in Searcy, AR who is being harassed by the state police for OC in the local Wal-Mart there. The store manager had confirmed multiple times that they have no issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by flintknapper View Post
    12/10/2014

Update: The Nacogdoches Walmart is NOT posted (30.06), quite the opposite in fact. It does have the gratuitous signage required by the TABC for non-51%/ retail alcoholic beverage sellers. This has no effect on those with a valid CHL. Basically it serves as warning to those carrying any weapon illegally that.....well....its ILLEGAL! Good grief.....
    The TABC signs warn that illegally carrying a weapon is upgraded from a misdemeanor to a felony on TABC licensed premises.

But still: as if criminals care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast