Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: So, what's the plan tomorrow?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SE Va., , Occupied CSA
    Posts
    366

    So, what's the plan tomorrow?

    So, we never got a survey response from the GOP fellow for senate. Are we going to ride this mother right into the ditch tomorrow, single-issue suicide, or are we going to do anything of substance to see the Dem voted out of office?
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

    Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

    If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    184
    OT but you say "single issue suicide" what issues do you side with gillespi over sarvis?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Many candidates have a policy of simply not answering surveys of any type.

    Have you examined the person's previous statements .... I would think that there is a wealth of info on the guy..

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gillespie

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    130
    LOL dont forget... ummm who said it??? Not quoting.... not answering the survey could portray utter distain towards the 2nd Amendmant...

    Vote your mind............

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    So, we never got a survey response from the GOP fellow for senate. Are we going to ride this mother right into the ditch tomorrow, single-issue suicide, or are we going to do anything of substance to see the Dem voted out of office?
    More of the usual Joe. My prediction....Things don't change much.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    VA, Senate - 99.96% reporting
    Mark Warner49.16%
    Democrat1,071,283

    Ed Gillespie48.39%
    Republican1,054,556

    Robert Sarvis2.45%
    Libertarian53,396

    Guess the GOP should figure out to start embracing more libertarian views ...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    More of the usual Joe. My prediction....Things don't change much.
    Yes. Sarvis is now a 3 time loser.

    Maybe now he will figure it out that Virginia has no use for him in political office, ANY OFFICE.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    184
    Tazard that is some faulty logic. He got 2.45% and 53000 votes.
    Using your logic Gillespie 48.39% is a looser also he has never once won a political office. If they would only make a "one party" system the "winner" would get 100% of the vote and we can all be happy!!!! Yeah we have no use for anyone that dosnt win so lets have 1 party so we can all always vote with the herd and have 100% victory!

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by conhntr View Post
    Tazard that is some faulty logic. He got 2.45% and 53000 votes.
    Using your logic Gillespie 48.39% is a looser also he has never once won a political office. If they would only make a "one party" system the "winner" would get 100% of the vote and we can all be happy!!!! Yeah we have no use for anyone that dosnt win so lets have 1 party so we can all always vote with the herd and have 100% victory!
    No, I agree with Taz and here's why. I'd love to see Sarvis win but the simple fact is, without money (Which is really what makes the big boys big) he ain't gonna. He's just going to split the vote.

    Until we wake up and start voting for the man instead of the party and start holding our representatives accountable for their actions, nothing will change.

    People that say they will vote their conscience even when they know it will not only be for a loser but may take away from the better of the bad that has a chance of winning, are no different than people that stand up unarmed to thugs, saying that "Right will protect them". That's called a fools paradise and it never works.

    We live in a jungle in this country now.....we better find where the snakes are so we can walk around in it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Get a grip fool.

    Quote Originally Posted by conhntr View Post
    Tazard that is some faulty logic. He got 2.45% and 53000 votes.
    Using your logic Gillespie 48.39% is a looser also he has never once won a political office. If they would only make a "one party" system the "winner" would get 100% of the vote and we can all be happy!!!! Yeah we have no use for anyone that dosnt win so lets have 1 party so we can all always vote with the herd and have 100% victory!
    Feel free to move to Iran, Russia, China or Cuba where they already have your beloved one party system. I am sure you will fit in well with your limited mentality based on the above quote.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    No, I agree with Taz and here's why. I'd love to see Sarvis win but the simple fact is, without money (Which is really what makes the big boys big) he ain't gonna. He's just going to split the vote.

    Until we wake up and start voting for the man instead of the party and start holding our representatives accountable for their actions, nothing will change.

    People that say they will vote their conscience even when they know it will not only be for a loser but may take away from the better of the bad that has a chance of winning, are no different than people that stand up unarmed to thugs, saying that "Right will protect them". That's called a fools paradise and it never works.

    We live in a jungle in this country now.....we better find where the snakes are so we can walk around in it.
    What Virginia really needs, in time for the next election, is a Runoff requirement if no one achieves 50%+1.

    That could make a third party candidate a vote broker if there were a runoff. The 2 remaining candidates could then compete for the other person's votes and endorsement. What I'm suggesting is similar to Georgia rather than the 'Jungle Primary' free-for-all of Louisiana.

    What we have now is unacceptable.

  12. #12
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    What Virginia really needs, in time for the next election, is a Runoff requirement if no one achieves 50%+1.

    That could make a third party candidate a vote broker if there were a runoff. The 2 remaining candidates could then compete for the other person's votes and endorsement. What I'm suggesting is similar to Georgia rather than the 'Jungle Primary' free-for-all of Louisiana.

    What we have now is unacceptable.
    ++1

  13. #13
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Yes. Sarvis is now a 3 time loser.

    Maybe now he will figure it out that Virginia has no use for him in political office, ANY OFFICE.
    The republican party is now a 4 time loser! Gov, LT.Gov, Attorney General and US Senator - Maybe now they will figure out that they can watch the democrats lose if they would vote for the party of freedom and liberty - the Libertarian Party!
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  14. #14
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    ++1
    I like that! Very C++ ...

  15. #15
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    The republican party is now a 4 time loser! Gov, LT.Gov, Attorney General and US Senator - Maybe now they will figure out that they can watch the democrats lose if they would vote for the party of freedom and liberty - the Libertarian Party!
    Yes, what you said. Basically, Tucker's for Suckers.

    First, fire all the consultants.

    Next, stand for something.

    Stop being cowards.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Well the GOP can always drop out of the next race and all the members can vote for the libertarian party candidate and win !

    Easy.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    The republican party is now a 4 time loser! Gov, LT.Gov, Attorney General and US Senator - Maybe now they will figure out that they can watch the democrats lose if they would vote for the party of freedom and liberty - the Libertarian Party!
    ROTFLMAO hahahahahahahahahahaha That was a good one.

    Oh, wait, you were serious?

    My bad. Sorry.

  18. #18
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    What Virginia really needs, in time for the next election, is a Runoff requirement if no one achieves 50%+1.

    That could make a third party candidate a vote broker if there were a runoff. The 2 remaining candidates could then compete for the other person's votes and endorsement. What I'm suggesting is similar to Georgia rather than the 'Jungle Primary' free-for-all of Louisiana.

    What we have now is unacceptable.
    I like this. +1
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Feel free to move to Iran, Russia, China or Cuba where they already have your beloved one party system. I am sure you will fit in well with your limited mentality based on the above quote.
    Reading comprehension friend...

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by conhntr View Post
    Reading comprehension friend...

    Yes, YOU should take a class. You failed badly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •