Thread: The State Department has its own black helicopters, right?

The State Department has its own black helicopters, right?

A government agent pounded on my, door, demanded that I confirm my identity, and then handed me the following*:

skidmark Household:

The Office of Passport Services, U.S. Department of State would like to better serve the Ameeican public's need fpr passport services in the coming months and years. [Do they know something that I don't about my future need for a passport?]

To do this we are conducting interviews ....

Your household was selected [couldn't they find a better word to use?] at random. [Yeah, sure.] In order for the results to be statisticall representative , it is important a person who is knowlegable about the travel habits of your household complete the survey. [Is it possible they are not sure and are looking for confirmation?]

Your participation, while voluntary [where have I heard that phrase before?] will be essential to the success of the study. This study is estimated to take less than 10 minutes of your time and there are 2 easy ways for you to participate.

Please do one of the following before November 12, 2014:

1) Go online at ......
    Enter the passcode xxxxxxx
    OR
    2) Call 1-800-tappednumber
    Please have the passcode available ....

We will give you a call if we do not hear from you.

(all bold in the original)

As I see it, I have three possible courses of action:
    A) Apply for a passport (I don't have a valid one at the moment and am pretty sure the ones on sale over the internet for $25 will not stand up at a port of departure) and thus telegraph my travel plans to GTFOOD
    B) Go online and enter my randomly-generated passcode that will not connect my name or other personal information with the responses I give [yeah, sure, and how much do you want for that ocean-front property in New Mexico?] and enter something like "99999" for every response
    C) Wait for them to call me after November 12, 2014. If I choose this option, should I put a note on the door that it is unlocked so they won't risk hurting themselves splintering it open?

What I suggest is that everybody interested in divvying up my stuff meet and carpool down some convenient date after November 12, 2014. I'll leave the key to the safe under the rock next to the back door.

stay safe.

* - OK, the mail lady wanted me to sign for a certified package I was expecting, and handed me the rest of my mail.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Do you want me to back my truck in for loading........................again
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    How could he hand you anything? What? You opened your door?

Should have said "no comprendo englisha" and they would have left you alone.

Me? I don't open my doors to gov't officials of any type...let them pound and pound ...

I ate a sandwich from a window watching them while they pounded at my door once, waving at them friendly like...they went away.

I assume that they went home ... as they are directed to do everyday. Wise choice.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-03-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Good one!

I was "invited" to fill out a "long form" census a while back and told that my TRUTHFUL answers were required on how many toilets I had, how far I drove to work etc etc etc.

I answered all non-enumeration questions truthfully with...

NOYFB (yes in caps with red Sharpie). Never heard from them again. In a scenario like yours my answers would likely be the same.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Reply to all questions with 'why is out harder to get out than in?'
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Do you want me to back my truck in for loading........................again
    You will have to talk to the bretheren and sisteren about that. I'll be in some FEMA re-education camp learning how to hold my breath while someone pours water up my nose.

And no, you cannot come over early. Everybody gets an equal chance at getting my stuff.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Me? I don't open my doors to gov't officials of any type...let them pound and pound ...

I ate a sandwich from a window watching them while they pounded at my door once, waving at them friendly like...they went away.

I assume that they went home ... as they are directed to do everyday. Wise choice.
    Asterisks are important.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    You will have to talk to the bretheren and sisteren about that. I'll be in some FEMA re-education camp learning how to hold my breath while someone pours water up my nose.

And no, you cannot come over early. Everybody gets an equal chance at getting my stuff.

stay safe.
    Was only offering a safe haven for your "stuff" until you are free from such harassment..........no matter how many years that may take
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Is the 100-mile Constitution Free Zone about to expand to your neighborhood?

Even in places far removed from the border, deep into the interior of the country, immigration officials enjoy broad—though not limitless—powers. Specifically, federal regulations give U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) authority to operate within 100 miles of any U.S. "external boundary."
    In this 100-mile zone, Border Patrol agents have certain extra-Constitutional powers. For instance, Border Patrol can operate immigration checkpoints.
    Border Patrol, nevertheless, cannot pull anyone over without "reasonable suspicion" of an immigration violation or crime (reasonable suspicion is more than just a "hunch"). Similarly, Border Patrol cannot search vehicles in the 100-mile zone without a warrant or "probable cause" (a reasonable belief, based on the circumstances, that an immigration violation or crime has likely occurred).

https://www.aclu.org/immigrants-righ...le-border-zone

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-right...order-zone-map
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Even in places far removed from the border, deep into the interior of the country, immigration officials enjoy broad—though not limitless—powers. Specifically, federal regulations give U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) authority to operate within 100 miles of any U.S. "external boundary."
    In this 100-mile zone, Border Patrol agents have certain extra-Constitutional powers. For instance, Border Patrol can operate immigration checkpoints.
    Border Patrol, nevertheless, cannot pull anyone over without "reasonable suspicion" of an immigration violation or crime (reasonable suspicion is more than just a "hunch"). Similarly, Border Patrol cannot search vehicles in the 100-mile zone without a warrant or "probable cause" (a reasonable belief, based on the circumstances, that an immigration violation or crime has likely occurred).

https://www.aclu.org/immigrants-righ...le-border-zone

https://www.aclu.org/know-your-right...order-zone-map
    1 - It's the State Department, not Homeland Security. Said so right at the beginning. Pay attention. Wonderful thread drift there.

2 - Right under my avatar it says I'm in Richmond, Va. Never did anything to suggest that was not accurate. The James River being a navigatable river there are ships arriving at The Port of Richmond from all over. We have CBP there, as well as at RIR (Richmond International Airport) because, well because it is an international airport. It's going to be diffiult to be outside that 100-mile zone when my place is less than a mile from the last bend in the river before ships straighten out to enter the port.

You are being sent back to repeat 6th Grade U.S. Geography. Please try to stay awake and pay attention this time, OK?

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Was only offering a safe haven for your "stuff" until you are free from such harassment..........no matter how many years that may take
    I'm headed for a FEMA re-education camp and he's offering to hold my stuff till I get out. Suuure!

Watch out for him, folks. He's trying to get a head start. He's always coveted the stuff at the drive-thru ammo window and probably thinks this will be his chance to get his hands on it.

stay safe.

----Allahpundit

Was at the Virginia Power Boat Association (4051 Old Gun Rd) on Sunday afternoon - it is on the waters of the James River. Never been there before so didn't realize that the James twisted and turned that deep into Midlothian.

Didn't see any black helicopters though.

In that case they would have handed you a voters pamphlet.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

[ ... ]Should have said "no comprendo englisha" and they would have left you alone.[ ... ]
    Me río a carcajadas. Usted no puede hablar Inglés, pero usted no habla español, ya sea! LOL You don't speak Spanish either!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Thats awesome.