Thread: Dana Loesch cancels signing at gun-free campus: ‘Not cool with being a sitting duck.'

Dana Loesch cancels signing at gun-free campus: ‘Not cool with being a sitting duck.'

“I was really looking forward to this but unfortunately am uncomfortable gambling with my own, my family’s, or readers/listeners’s security,” the syndicated talk radio host wrote in a blog post Sunday. “We just found out this afternoon that TCU is unable to provide security and because it is a gun-free zone, I am prohibited from lawful carry in place of that security.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...un-free-campu/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...gbj0v3wip4iuLM
    We just found out this afternoon that TCU is unable to provide security and because it is a gun-free zone, I am prohibited from lawful carry in place of that security. We had an incident at my signing in Grapevine where a man belligerently pushed his way through the line, yelled at store employees and about how he hated me
    http://danaloeschradio.com/todays-si...cu-is-canceled

TCU radio tweets away

http://www.tcu360.com/campus/2014/11...anceling-event
    Last edited by Nightmare; 11-04-2014 at 06:03 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

TCU Police Chief Steven McGee said there were no officers available to meet the late request.
    And yet if something had happened I'm sure the Chief would have been able to come up with more than the necessary manpower for a show of force and an investigation.

Both sides are at fault here: Ms. Loesch for making her request so late, and TCU for not realizing at the time the signing event was booked that there would be a need for security.

Bottom line is that my support is for Ms. Loesch and her position on self protection; however she seems unaware of any of the multiple SCOTUS decisions ruling that the police have no obligation to protect the individual. Sadder still is TCU's failure to see and respond to the need to ensure peace and enforce the laws regarding disturbances on campus.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

This almost reads like an attempt by TCU to force Ms. Loesch into publicity for the anti-gunners. Something along the lines of, "Oh, look at the gun nut without her guns!"

That would not have played well in the media.

I fully support Ms. Loesch for sticking to her guns, for both reasons.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    And yet if something had happened I'm sure the Chief would have been able to come up with more than the necessary manpower for a show of force and an investigation.

snipped
    stay safe.
    Would it be unfair to suggest if an incident happened he might have to requisition more chalk and steno pads for the investigative officers?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Would it be unfair to suggest if an incident happened he might have to requisition more chalk and steno pads for the investigative officers?
    Yes. Yes, it would.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Yes. Yes, it would.

stay safe.
    Well, I learned and have also heard from others that LIFE AIN'T FAIR!

RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"