Thread: OCed while at the polling place today - anyone else?

OCed while at the polling place today - anyone else?

I'm lucky that my town's polling place here in TN is not a gun free zone, so I was able to OC while voting. I had no issues. Anyone else?
    Open means open...

LOL Nope, no issues beyond the opportunity to vote twice.

Here we mark a paper ballot to be read by a machine. The ballot is in a privacy folder from the pollster's hand to the elector to the booth to the machine. There were inadvertently two ballots in my folder. I discreetly returned the extra to my embarrassed neighbor.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

My 'polling place' was the mailbox at the end of the driveway, otherwise it would have been illegal under the GA Code.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    My 'polling place' was the mailbox at the end of the driveway, otherwise it would have been illegal under the GA Code.
    You mean the "shredder" lol

Really, I don't see how anyone would want to vote by mail....unless overseas and unable to go to a polling place.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You mean the "shredder" lol

Really, I don't see how anyone would want to vote by mail....unless overseas and unable to go to a polling place.
    Well; I don't like the idea of voting via US Mail but I have little choice; I did hand deliver my ballot to the county clerk's office the first day ballots were accepted. Said office is in the county annex and I OCed, had a nice chat with the clerk's office employee manning the drop box.

I would have carried, but i didn't want to get arrested. My local polling place is a YMCA, and they have special legal signs up about "no guns in polling place" ... why? probably some idiot volunteer poll workers that think the magic signs protect them from guns.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Nope. My polling location is in a school so that kills carry of any kind. However, I did leave my gun in my vehicle and OC'd my empty holster.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    I would have carried, but i didn't want to get arrested. My local polling place is a YMCA, and they have special legal signs up about "no guns in polling place" ... why? probably some idiot volunteer poll workers that think the magic signs protect them from guns.
    Mine is as well. But, after a few phone calls to the county supervisor, the sign was removed as it was found to be in violation of my right to vote. What I have been told is when a polling location is held on private property, it is illegal for them to tell you not to carry a firearm. A polling location must be made available to the public, all public.

And yes, I opened carried my Smith and Wesson M&P 45 in a drop leg with a level 3 blackhawk retention holster, and another gun that I am not allowed to mention at a site that claims to support our right to bear arms. :-)
    Last edited by Tucker6900; 11-05-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Not in Oklahoma...

TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES
    A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of
    the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed or unconcealed handgun into any of the following
    places:
    1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal
    governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;

Quote Originally Posted by Arin Morris View Post
    Not in Oklahoma...
    Bummer...

Looks like they are infringing on your right to carry and vote...
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Nope, illegal in Arizona.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/13/03102.htm

13-3102. Misconduct involving weapons; defenses; classification; definitions

A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by knowingly:

<snip>

11. Unless specifically authorized by law, entering an election polling place on the day of any election carrying a deadly weapon; or
    12. Possessing a deadly weapon on school grounds; or

</snip>

Both of those apply since the polling place was a school.

-MH
    Last edited by March Hare; 11-05-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Citation
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by independence View Post
    I'm lucky that my town's polling place here in TN is not a gun free zone, so I was able to OC while voting. I had no issues. Anyone else?
    Local place was a local child *brainwashing facility aka 'school' so everyone risked their lives in a dangerous, undefended place to vote.

*Common Core Textbooks Teaching Bald Faced Lies About The 2nd Amendment

if thats not brainwashing children in the name of 'education' I dunno what is ^ ^ ^
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by independence View Post
    In years past, the libtards got around Colorado's Constitution by using schools. This year, I don't know if they even had voting booths, as all registered voters were sent mail-in ballots. They must have still had some voting locations set up, though, as the current law states you can register and vote on the same day.

I did carry when I dropped off my ballot, however. Wasn't going to trust my vote to the mail.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I carried, but not openly.
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

I always open carry at my polling place (a church) in Indiana. Never had any issues.

No problems in Wisconsin, voted at the town hall/fire department. To be honest, all the old people running the place, I'm not sure anyone even noticed. Sig 226 in a pancake holster, seems hard to miss to me. Nobody said a word, except some other voter who said he was carrying concealed.

I seem to get that a lot. I'm OC and a bunch of CC people tell me they are CC. If you are CC, which I have no problem with, isn't the idea that nobody knows about it? So, to go tell somebody that you are CC seems to kind of defeat the purpose. I usually just say good for you, and hope they go away. Happy with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Wstar425 View Post
    No problems in Wisconsin, voted at the town hall/fire department. To be honest, all the old people running the place, I'm not sure anyone even noticed. Sig 226 in a pancake holster, seems hard to miss to me. Nobody said a word, except some other voter who said he was carrying concealed.

I seem to get that a lot. I'm OC and a bunch of CC people tell me they are CC. If you are CC, which I have no problem with, isn't the idea that nobody knows about it? So, to go tell somebody that you are CC seems to kind of defeat the purpose. I usually just say good for you, and hope they go away. Happy with results.
    Same here. It's crazy how many times somebody has gone, "hey! I'm carrying too!" And flashes their gun.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Arin Morris View Post
    Not in Oklahoma...
    Yep. My polling place is a middle school and like Arin posted both schools and polling places are prohibited in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    As Illinois doesn't allow OC (YET), the best I could do was wear my black & gold NRA ballcap, covered with "tie-tac" pins and my "IllinoisCarry.com" shirt. This shirt is one of several that I have had imprinted on the back with "Gun Free Zones Are KILLING ZONES".

After reading a news story about a man being forced to remove his NRA cap as it was considered "electioneering" (they said the NRA is too closely aligned with the GOP!), I wanted to see what reaction I got.

I was disappointed. Nobody said anything!
    Add the following graphic to your t-shirt and see if you get a different reaction:

Attachment 11330
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I carried, but not openly.
    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol - Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Caliber
    Cary Pistol - Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm
    Self Defense Stories